Jerry Bergman on JWs destroying library books

by Dogpatch 67 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

An earlier poster on this thread asked Randy if there was a reference or publication source for Jerry Bergman's article implicating JWs in the destruction of anti-JW books in public libraries. Does either Randy or anyone else know where this article first appeared (Please bear with me: This may well have already been answered and I may have missed the reference)? Thanks.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Steve2,

I don't have that from Bergman, sorry. Nor do I necessarily support any of his views. Just reportin' what is asked of me. :-))

I often put stuff up that friends request. For the record, I like NEWS

and I don't care if it's GOOD NEWS or BAD NEWS

or even if I BELIEVE ANY OF IT.

As long as it will get your blood flowing, lest you die in your chair reading this crap all day. :-))

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

WHY RANDY VISITS THIS HERE BOARD:

not to socialize, my friends have real bodies.

to start trouble (if I post something and don't comment on it, that can be a clue)

to say hi to icons - hello every(one)!

to end a dead zone in the air (nuclear war has begun!)

to post something as a favor (thus...)

to post something just to start something. Life is about change and growth.

to "draw someone out..." (easter egg here)

Dogz

• cathyk
    cathyk
    As long as it will get your blood flowing, lest you die in your chair reading this crap all day. :-))

Seems you sure did that, Randy. I had to step over a lot of broken glass when I came in here.

Cathy

oldlighthousebooks.blogspot.com

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

• cathyk
    cathyk

Well, here's a link:

http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/JwVandals87.htm

Not sure if this is a print or strictly on-line magazine.

Cathy

oldlighthousebooks.blogspot.com

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi y'all,

For the record, I have been shipping Franz book and others out for 20 odd years, and YES, JWs DO DESTROY THEM. Many clients have verified the nefarious fate of a innocent little book, its wonderful life CUT SHORT by the self-righteous burst of theocratic flame in the outdoor barbecue. Or thrown away, "dismembered," shamed :-)) and worse!

Not an organized effort, just misdirected zeal. Hey, I used to have that!!

So I guess I have to tolerate it with others. For a while, anyway. Most JWs mean well.

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Cathy! Hugs!

I have it also up at:

http://www.freeminds.org/history/Bergman_library.htm

I see no reason to doubt Jerry in this, aside from "style" issues.

Y'all behave!

R

• steve2
    steve2
    For the record, I have been shipping Franz book and others out for 20 odd years, and YES, JWs DO DESTROY THEM.

I presume you haven't been sending unsolicited copies of Franz' book to JWs who could most likely be expected to react by destroying them...just as many householders do when the JWs leave unsolicited copies of Watchtower literature at householders' homes. Which is not the same as people purposely going into a public library, illegally removing books and then destroying them.

Inflamatory claims about terible things happening circle around both sides of the JW fence and one of the healthier ways to react is to see the silliness in the mutual accusations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit