sex with divorcing dispouse= forgiveness, can't divorce says the lord?

by burningbridges 19 Replies latest jw friends

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I heard some silly thing and did a little research on it. Turns out, if your spouse committs adultery, you are free to remarry (we all know this one)....

BUT, did you know, that according to the Watchtower, that if you, even so much as commit fornication (play with their genitals) with your spouse again before the divorce is finalized that you have thus SYMBOLIZED that you have forgiven them and that you no longer have scriptural grounds to divorce them? Who the hell does the watchtower think they are that they get the right to decide what omits or permits the divorce to be legit? Jesus said "on the grounds of fornication" He did not say "except on the grounds that if you are weak and copulate again but then realize that they really do make you sick and you really can't stay with them after all....."

Them and their made up rules and their self appointed rightousness sickens me. Their just as bad as the jews when Jesus criticised them for making too many unnecesary laws that were not a part of the mosaic law.

burningbridges

• Gopher
    Gopher

You're right about that rule. They've got rules for everything, just like the Pharisees.

What a burden it is to be a JW.

• james_woods
    james_woods

This serves the dual purpose of getting the divorcing sisters to have to confess all the salacious details to a roomful of elders. It smacks of the very worst in Dirty Old Men syndrome.

I know of several completely innocent witness girls who actually left the congregation over this very issue (no problems doctrinally at the time) and were later DFd for remarrying even though it was the husband that did the original breakup sin.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Another interpretation of the bible by the WBT$.....Todays Truth,is tomorrows New Light.....Any interpretations of the Bible by the WBT$,are absolutely worthless.....................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The WTS likes to legislate as much of our personal lives as it can. No question is too small to leave to a gray area... everything needs to be defined.

JWs shouldn't be playing with genitals anyway....

• yknot
    yknot

I always disagreed.

For most women there is a strong need to 'stabilize' the situation regarding adultery.....after things have calmed and he is back with her, then she figures out whether she can really forgive him or not........

Besides what happens if he forces himself on her and tells the Eldums it was consensual....there is no second witness & most Elders back the 'head of household'.....vomit!

Frankly the bible is silent on the details of the matter.....and so should the WTS!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I always remembered that rule, and considering I left before I was 16, I think that is kind of pathetic in and of itself. HOWEVER, this rule used to be true in SECULAR courts-back when adultery was pretty much one's only 'grounds' for divorce. I think the WT just adopted the secular view on this and kept it, though the secular laws have changed.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Yes I guess it is considered an act of forgiveness to the Wt....

However my thoughts would be...

1. If I was divorcing he sure in heck would not be touching anything...

2. One could say he/she was lying, because they were trying to just hold to a non relationship.

No one could prove allegations, its your word against mine idea. It will depend on the "Conscience Idea" if you want

to remain a Jw or not for the innocent one. What a messed up....bunch of rules.

h4o

• james_woods
    james_woods

It was more complex than "no touching after the divorce is filed".

I know of one case where repeated adultry took place, the girl (not knowing anything about this rule) had sex with the guy later, and then consequently suspected him of fooling around again. She divorced him, but could not offer proof that he had done it again - he would not admit it the second time around. The first time did not count, of course, because of the "rule".

She got disfellowshipped for it, later married "out of the truth" to everyones great relief.

Second case - I know of a similar husband adultery issue; wife wants scriptural divorce, husband admits affair, but claims they had sex afterward. Just to spite her. She admits to sex, but claims he forced her in practically a domestic rape. Ultimate outcome - he (elders son) walked (later DFd on another issue), the girl was not allowed her divorce, but left the witnesses anyway and later remarried "out of the truth", again to everyone's great relief.

Such are the pain and sufferings caused by messing into matters where the elders have no legal nor ethical nor moral business.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

lol, I know a LOT of witness couples that broke up... In fact most of the witnesses that were around my age got divorced and some were df'ed some were not.

The laugh is that I know at least three of the couples the partners get together on occasion for a 'booty call!' Only one of the people went back to the witnesses and he got remarried. However I happen to still be good friends with his ex. She's not really in a long term relationship and is concentrating on her career (you go girl!) So when she gets in the mood she calls him and I know he runs right to her like a good boy! hahahahahahaha she lived near the hall for a while and once she texted him and he got up in the middle of the meeting ran over to her house did the deed and ran back to the hall. He told his wife that he had been outside because he had felt bad!

How frickin awesome is that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit