End Times Preaching and Armageddon - has the WTS made a new push on this?

by insearchoftruth 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
    Lieu

Ew, still

There's no need for an "org" now so what in the world would there be a need for one in the 'new system'? Yuk! Who in the world would be needing human mediators and go-betweens getting in the way in the "New System"? Why do they think they know better than God? The vanity! They can't even get what God says right in this "System".

-----

As for the wife, tell her to pay attention to what is being said at the CA and the specific use of scriptures out of context. She will be encountering people who absolutely believe some men can never be wrong even when what they say goes contrary to God. Its a high control group, no different from Catholicism in its belief of a few being infallible. That's always the problem when you have a group of individuals who say they alone have a special channel to God.

-----
    Lieu

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Any chance of getting a detailed outline of the events of this DC? How about scripture references so I can do a little bit of advance reading??

• Malachi Elijah
    Malachi Elijah

(quote) it is beneficial to consider the growth of Jehovah's Witnesses prior to 1975. All indications seemed to support the Watchtower's (or Fred Franz's) end times chronology that was published in 1966. JW always watches the news looking for the "Big A" whereby they will get to retire to their paradise home with its fruit trees, and peacocks in the front yard.

The chronology isnt from 1966 it is from 1955. Thanx for mentioning it i forgot to include it in the 1914-2008 AD lineup. The 1966-1971 AD is like the 485-480 BC of Esther 2nd to 7th year of Ahasuerus Xerxes before the attack of in the 12th year of 475 BC in 1976 AD. So that places the banquet from 1966-1967 as the 3rd year. Oh by the way, i was never concerned about the mistaken resurrection of 1926 based on 1874 AD as year 6000, i dont get up in arms over it, but i do see where its childish to hide it and act like youre apostate if you ask about it. Truth is the 1000-year book of 1966 did cover the 1874 chronology with the 450 years of judges. But the stop of the temple from 523-520 BC is right there in the line up as 1928-1931 AD where our bibles state in 520 BC that Darius said Jehovah's name is on the temple which must be complkted by 516 BC (1935 AD) and its stones can then be counted on Passover 515 BC (1936 AD). We are now living in Artaxerxes year 32 the last year of all prophets and Malachi.

As for paradise as soon as Armageddon comes, thats not true, The Halls have always made it clear its rubble and destruction and death and clutter to clean up., But the people who hinder it are supposedly gone. Question is what about the people within the survivors who hinder it... like those thru the Red Sea.

• Terry
    Terry

Something I started noticing about Watchtower articles.

First off, let's identify the "voice".

In articles about doctrine and prophecy the mouthpiece of God would channel the actual message of God.

This would be a "voice" and point of view direct from the originating point of authority itself.

I think of this "voice" as an analogy of Ventriloquist dummy. The Watchtower's mouth is moving, but, it is really Jehovah's voice doing the talking. Notice how emphatic, clear, non-speculative and authoritative the positive language is employed:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person,you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling… True, those who do not understand where we are in the stream of time from God's viewpoint will call this impractical. But which is really practical: preparing yourself for a position in this world that soon will pass away? or working toward surviving this system's end and enjoying eternal life in God's righteous new order?

NINE MONTHS earlier the tone had distance and a demarcation between them and us was carefully crafted.

What had happened in those nine months to ramp up the intimacy between speaker and the authority of owning the message?

{WT Aug 15 1968 page 494} "WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO 1975? .. What about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions, some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible.Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam's creation in the fall of the year 1975, a little over seven years from now .. it will be 6,000 years since the creation of Adam."

Wow! What a detachment.

Notice the juxtaposition of the phrase "serious students of the bible with the distancing word choice of "their interest".

Why is this shocking? Ask yourself why the writer of this Watchtower article a "serious student of the Bible" too??

There is deliberate demarcation here.

In present day Watchtower articles I always analyze the "voice" the authority, the tone and emphasis of these articles. I find, more and more, the clever placement of origination.

The choices of words are exceedingly resonant with implication, suggestion, parallel reasoning and the creation of pausing points of "vacuum" where you are to put their 2 next to your conclusive 2 and come up with a hoped for 4.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks all, some really good information here, still processing how to really use it. Very interesting point you make Terry, will need to start to read this stuff a bit differently now.

Pretty much have confirmed that it is the end times stuff that has her all fired up, she has been looking at Reasoning from the Scriptures (in spanish so I can not read the titles directly, but I have an english version at work) and she has read the chapters on Armageddon, Earth and Death from what I can tell.

I am pretty sure she blew off the bs she was to have yesterday, but not sure if was her or the pesky sisters choice, but from what I can tell, she still plans on the DC next weekend, so need to be working on some questions to get her thinking on her own, not just accept the stuff that they are going to overwhelm her with......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit