End Times Preaching and Armageddon - has the WTS made a new push on this?

by insearchoftruth 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife has been an on again, off again sympathizer of the JWs. She recieved a phone call this past weekend from a sister who had attempted to study with her in the past and all of a sudden she is reading all the WTS literature she can on the meaning of armageddon and the topic of paradise earth.

Has the WTS started a new push on this topic as of late?? I have tried to keep up with the WT reviews that have been posted. Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

ISOT

• carla
    carla

Would she read the really old stuff say from 1914 or thereabout's? Or even from the late 60's era, then she could see it just the same old fears recycled year after year after year........

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I wish it were that easy, I am unsure which book she is presently getting her information from I believe it may be reasoning from the scriptures, but it is a hardcover book in spanish, which I do not read.

I have tried to discuss 'past performance' of the JWs with her, but she really does not see a problem with the shortcomings they have had. Generally she speaks and thinks with such reason, her mind just goes to waste when she starts reading the wts literature....

• Lieu
    Lieu

I think its shameful to bait people with "the paradise earth". The supposed reason for everything is the vindication of God's name. Why put the "New System" out there in a manner of more prestige than vindicating the Name?

It makes it seem like the reason for going along with the JWs is solely for personal gains. Gotta get into the "New System" at all cost.

Kinda like wanting to go to heaven just to be in charge.

You get this nice "fruit", live forever, know good and bad type deal. Join me. Sheesh! Not having IE is a mess on this forum.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

And that seems to be the bait that is being dangled in front of her, because she asked a lot of questions of me last night on what I think armageddon is, what will become of the earth and if I believed in the creation story, why wouldn't I believe that is is 'Jehovah's' intent to return the earth to the paradise it once was. Was ironic how we got into a bit of discussion on the symbolism in Revelations and how she just babbled the party line on the figurative nature of the tribes and types of people who are going to be saved, but then fully believes the literalism of 144K. I also tried to ask her about I believe it was Revelations 21: 1-4 and the information about a new earth and she did not catch on with that at all.

Any information or advice is very appreciated.

ISOT

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses go to the summer sales rallies (called assemblies), and that resets them. They're like clocks . . . they need to be wound up every now and again.

Considering the end time doom and gloom is the Witness' only product, to me it's amazing they ever let up selling it.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

OK, now this is starting to make some sense, the sister called my wife and must have been speaking about this stuff, because in the same conversation she was invited to the assembly happening in a couple of weekends......any suggestions what I can do to get her thinking in a more critical manner before she attends, I am concerned she will grab the bait hook, line and sinker.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Along with the Washtowels, I recommend reading the Comments You Will Not Hear sections on this forum about the study articles. I do not, however, recommend reading and following the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work books (they will only create more problems) or the Keeping Yourselves in the Tyranny of God book (that will only create even more problems).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Along with the Washtowels, I recommend reading the Comments You Will Not Hear sections on this forum about the study articles. I do not, however, recommend reading and following the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work books (they will only create more problems) or the Keeping Yourselves in the Tyranny of God book (that will only create even more problems).

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks everyone, any other information would be appreciated. Wife is out of school for almost a month now, isn't years assembly supposed to be somewhat anti-education?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit