I feel de-programmed

by digderidoo 12 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I have posted my thread regarding that i went back to a few meetings. Within that the debate came up about 607 v 587.

For me i have seen many criticisms against the WT society that i agree with. But i have never been able to find conclusive or 100% proof that doctrines or beliefs are wrong. For me i always thought that 587 was the correct date for the fall of Jerusalem but could never harmonise it with the 70 year Jewish exile. This always left me thinking that maybe, just maybe the 607 date is right.

So thanks to Lance (A@G) who posted how that 70 year exile could apply to the Babylonian rule, suddenly the penny dropped. I have now looked at critics of this view and cannot find any substance to the Jewish exile argument. Do you know that Eureka moment? That moment when you think thats it! Suddenly it all harmonised to me. Yes conclusively the WT are wrong! It's took me 11 years but finally i can see the proof for myself that the WT have it wrong on doctrine.

If they are 100% wrong on this then they are 100% wrong on other stuff too. It got me thinking about what an effect the WT has had on my life. On Friday at work, i was thinking all day about this. You see i am a window cleaner and with every window i was cleaning i was thinking i wouldn't be doing this if i hadn't have been a JW. But i must move forward and look to the future, rather than look back. I start a part time law course in October which i have posted about here, so on completion i can put those ladders away.

I have always had a firm anti WT stance. Many of their doctrines and beliefs do not sit well with me. But i could never say for 100% certainty, only 99.99999999% if that makes any sense. Finally crossing that line feels empowering.

Paul

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Has anyone else had a moment like this? Be interesting to know how it occurred.

Paul

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I have posted my thread regarding that i went back to a few meetings. Within that the debate came up about 607 v 587.

I had this feeling a couple of weeks ago that this is what you did.... finally when things just make total sense, after putting

all the info together it is the final nail. Reading the book I am now has finally given me this relief....I know I will be ok. I will

no longer fear What If's. What I have learned here from many also was so much of a help to see the real facts.

Glad your back...

Hope4others

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Good for you! Welcome to the real world.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I've had it a couple of times. My frustration is that ALMOST ALL practicing JW have very little doctrinal knowledge in which you can dispute these thing with. That is why I find this board refreshing in that when I am not being a smart a** I find that there are others who have drawn similar conclusions on beliefs or at least chosen to question certain things.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I finally got it after reading the KIT three times trying to prove the WT right about the "great crowd" being on earth.

I prayed for Holy Spirit (finally found out I could by just reading the Bible NWT and finding the scripture at Luke 11:13 which says that

God "will give holy spirit to those asking") and started reading. I thought since Bro. Russell had found out the truth for himself that way,

that I could too. Well, imagine my surprise and shock!!! I could not find any scriptures that said they were on earth, but lots of reasons

to show they were in heaven. To me it was a mixture of emotions. I found myself mentally free from WT doctrine in that area, but a whole

'nother clutch of emotions about the future.

I am happy that I found this first truth that started me out of the WT thinking.

So glad I am now free!!!

Velta

• changeling
    changeling

Good for you! That feeling is priceless!

For me. it was after I found out about the UN involvement. Once we wrote the Society and received a less than satisfying answer, I remember thinking: "It's over". It all came crashing down at that moment.

changeling :)

• wildfell
    wildfell

My Eureka experience came in two parts. 1) the governing body lost their grip on me when I learned through the media about their disgraceful policies that protect pedophiles. The governing body was revealed to be the liars they are. I was no longer going to strain my mind to believe, or at least tolerate, their unsubstantiated dogmas. I lived in a state of cognitive dissonance for about two years where I felt increasingly trapped.

2) Early last year a documentary was featured on tv about Jerusalem. It stated that Jerusalem fell 585bc. I googled 607 bce. Once I understood that the 70 years of exile began when Jerusalem surrendered to Babylon, the watchtower pack of cards fell down in a single moment of revelation. Down went 1914, 1918/19. In one significant moment I realised that I had dedicated my adult life to a 'religion' that was based on the wild scams of con artists - Russell and Rutherford. In one moment in time, I was livid, devasted . . . and free.

Going back for one last meeting, the memorial, sealed the decision irrevocably.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once I realized that I would be better off dead than in the New Dark Ages, I realized that I needed to go as totally against Jehovah and against the Washtowel Slaveholdery instead of obeying them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Suddenly it all harmoni[z]ed to me.

Congratulations. Most all of us had that Eureka moment sometime ago.

It becomes like a flood if you go back and reexamine what you thought you
    understood, but with the WT glasses off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit