The View from OPEC...THANK YOU, AMERICA!

by whereami 13 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Interesting email i got.

This makes so much sense ......take the time to read it ....and then ask yourself are we going in the right direction?

The View from OPEC

The OPEC minister will look you in the eyes and say the following:

"We are at war with you infidels. Have been since the embargo in the 1970s. You are so arrogant you haven't even recognized it. You have more missiles, bombs, and technology, so we are fighting with the best weapon we have and extracting on a net basis about $700 billion/year out of your economy. We will destroy you! Death to the infidels!

While I am here I would like to thank you for the following:

Not developing your 250 to 300-year supply of oil shale and tar sands. We know if you did this, it would create millions of jobs for US citizens, expand your engineering abilities, and keep the wealth in the US instead of sending it to us to finance our war against you bastards.

Thanks for limiting defense department purchases of oil and supplies from your neighbors to the north. We love it when you confuse your allies.

Thanks for over-regulating every segment of your economy and thus delayingby decades the development of alternate fuel technologies.

Thanks for limiting drilling off your coasts, in Alaska, and anywhere there is a bug, bird, fish, or plant that might be inconvenienced. Better that your people suffer! Glad to see our lobbying efforts have been so effective.

Corn based Ethanol. Praise Allah for this sham program! Perhaps you will destroy yourself from the inside with these types of policies. This is a gift from Allah, praise his name! We never would have thought of t his one! This is better than when you pay your farmers NOT TO GROW FOOD. Have them use more energy to create less energy, and simultaneously drive food prices through the roof.

Thank you, US Congress!!!!

And finally, we appreciate you letting us fleece you without end. You will be glad to know we have been accumulating shares in your banks, real estate, and publicly held companies. We also finance a good portion of your debt and now manipulate your markets, currency, and economies to our benefit.

THANK YOU, AMERICA!"

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Of course it's all stupidly wrong. Why does it "make sense" to you?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Exactly what they maybe thinking.....those opec'ers...

you letting us fleece you without end

Sounds more like a kingdom melodies song.....tee hee hee

h4o

• yknot
    yknot

Or.....

On the flip side..

If Muslim members of OPEC think that this will ultimately destroy the Infidel, then this is a deception that the NeoCons are merely allowing to exist.

Ultimately this rising cost would force the US to drill locally and possible to form a North American union. This and developement of alternative sources of both oil and non-oil based fuel would ultimately undermine the Muslims. This would lead their cash cow to become devalued...and the US becoming more significant due to it's lessened dependence on oil but keeping it's strong hold on food production.

Just a counter thought....BTW not all OPEC members are Muslim.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Why is it "all stupidly wrong?"

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Why is it "all stupidly wrong?" "

Because it was fabricated by a conservative? As we all know by now, if their lips are moving, they're either lying, or fellating a corporate executive. Usually an oil company corporate executive, though they aren't choosy; it's extreme wealth and a willingness to sodomize the well-being and future of their fellow man for personal gain that turns them on.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wow six, that was the most insightful fact filled post I've ever seen. My eyes have been opened. I will never vote for another Republican. Thanks for showing me the way to the light.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Why do you say "fabricated?" Be specific. Your earlier answer was a bit backward for a progressive. Frankly it was a bit propagandishy (emphasis on ishy).

I'm going to the marina. Take your time searching kos for your cut and paste answer.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Take your time searching kos for your cut and paste answer."

Why would I go to Kos for this (variety of) information? It may pain you to know it, but I don't really spend almost any time on Kos, and I've never posted anything from there here. What really pains you, I'm sure, is that the truth sounds alike from a variety of sources, just like the above bullshit all sounds alike because it always comes from the same dishonest mentality.

In fact, several times now, you've sort of sideways accused me of cutting and pasting my answers from Kos or a similar blog, when in fact I had just gone out and got snippets of research papers or news articles and posted said snips along with my own connecting commentary. You're exhibiting little bitch behaviour, did you know?

I may or may not take time to debunk the above. It's not really my job, you pathetic political cynic. Debunk it yourself, if you're interested in accuracy, 'cuz we all know what a good track record anonymous passed-around e-mails have for accuracy.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Not developing your 250 to 300-year supply of oil shale and tar sands. We know if you did this, it would create millions of jobs for US citizens, expand your engineering abilities, and keep the wealth in the US instead of sending it to us to finance our war against you bastards.

We may end up doing this, but my understanding for the delay is (1) vastly increased pollution; (2) expense; and (3) greatly increased use of water in production in arid land (Utah, Wyoming).

Sounds like this email was written by an oil exec. Imagine if after the 70's oil embargo the U.S. had invested several billion dollars into exploring and promoting the economical use of solar and wind power, reserach into solving cold fusion and use of hydrogen, encouraging business investment into a non-oil based infrastructure. Where would we be now 35 years later? Better or worse than now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit