Looking for blood clip....

by writerpen 10 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

I'm writing a nonfiction piece about my sister who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was five. I'm doing research on the electronic WT Library, but I thought I'd pose this question to the board. I recall as a child hearing that parents should pick their children up and run out of a hospital with them before allowing a blood transfusion. Does anyone know if this was ever printed.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I recall as a child hearing that parents should pick their children up and run out of a hospital with them before allowing a blood transfusion.

THE more JW's that refuse blood the quicker they become extinct...

• yknot
    yknot

Can you give us an idea on the time period of your childhood.

• writerpen
    writerpen

This would have been late 70's. She was disgnosed around 1983ish, but I remember the stories since I was a child in mid-70s and on.

• blondie
    blondie
    *** w73 9/1 p. 544 Questions From Readers ***In a number of cases Jehovah’s Christian witnesses, when faced with the possibility of a court order for transfusion, have taken steps to avoid breaking God’s law. Some have been able to transfer their family members or relatives to other hospitals, where treatment that did not violate God’s law was administered. Should the condition of the patient be so critical as to make survival a virtual impossibility were he removed from the hospital for even a brief period, this avenue would manifestly be closed.

I doubt you will find anything in writing telling a jw to make this transfer. Too much legal backwash.

• writerpen
    writerpen

Thanks, Blondie. I've added that one to my list of resources.

• yknot
    yknot

g7011/22p.12ParentalDecisionVindicated***

Parental

DecisionVindicated

Okay I am still searching but this article does say it is the parents right to leave the hospital....

I will keep looking...... and post back any other findings.....

• writerpen
    writerpen

Oh, that's a great one. Thanks

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'd only hear "underground hospital" tales from the older dubs....pretty sad stuff that they would kidnap kids from the hospital. Persecution simulation will make people do strange things...

• blondie
    blondie

*** g74 6/8 pp. 23-24 Our Baby Was Born at Home ***At times, newborn infants have been subjected to blood transfusions against the request of their parents for medically sound and safer alternate treatments. Parents have transferred their children from uncooperative hospitals to avoid such tragedies. Others have arranged for childbirth at home.

Here is an example where the WT indirectly suggests is a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit