I'm raising a holy hell war all over again... I just don't care...

by cognac 20 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac
    Are either of you still connected to Jdubbityville?

Yup, both of this. We are still going to every single meeting just about.

• blondie
    blondie

Quirky1, it takes more than one person to rat you out. All you have to do is say nothing or deny it. Unless they are going to quiz your non-jw relatives and according to WT policy, their testimony is not reliable.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Good for you. Switch and I are getting to know our non-dub families now as well now. Having a support system will help you when you eventually leave completely. It's a fresh start now that you don't view the "wordly people" as the living dead, but actual people who are equal to yourself.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Anyways, once my family finds out I'm hanging out with them on a regular basis all hell will break loose. I'm breaking every single rule and not getting d'fed by the skin of my teeth. They will be looking for something. I'm doing to much.

Actually Cognac, I think you're just doing things that normal people do, like have a relationship with your grandmother. In spite of your mom's "warning", it appears your grandmother has cared about you and loved you a long time.

It seems to me that it's the JW's in your family who are "raising holy hell" and not you. I know you're walking a tightrope right now between going to meetings and trying to establish some non-Witness normalcy in your life. But you didn't start the fire. The JW's are or will overreact to things by which they CHOOSE to be offended.

Oh, well. Anyways, how is everybody today?

I'm totally relaxed, really enjoying the 3-day weekend. I watched the 4th of July fireworks show with the Boston Pops orchestra last night. You didn't go down to the harbor by any chance? It looked like a really fun time last night.

• cognac
    cognac
    Switch and I are getting to know our non-dub families now as well now.

that's awesome!

It's a fresh start now that you don't view the "wordly people" as the living dead, but actual people who are equal to yourself.

What a concept, huh? lol

In spite of your mom's "warning", it appears your grandmother has cared about you and loved you a long time.

Yeah, evidently my fathers side hated us also... That's so full of crap. I'm now having my first actual conversation with my grandma. Our relationship in about 1 second flat completely changed. It was never her, it was us. I told her that.

It seems to me that it's the JW's in your family who are "raising holy hell" and not you. I know you're walking a tightrope right now between going to meetings and trying to establish some non-Witness normalcy in your life. But you didn't start the fire. The JW's are or will overreact to things by which they CHOOSE to be offended.

Yeah, if they don't like it, that's there problem.

You didn't go down to the harbor by any chance?

Nope, hubby and I went to cannibe lake park. Awesome fireworks there also. Plus, they had some nice Patriotic music. Hubby's brother even paid for us. Shockingly, he's a good person even though he's worldly!

• oompa
    oompa

i only have one worldly relative dammit....but am having some new jwd friends over tomorrow for a good cookout.......wife is out of town and all......sweet..............oompa

• cognac
    cognac
    i only have one worldly relative dammit

awwww, Oopma... I'll adopt you!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Brava! Keep doing what you are doing. Sometimes when we fade, things do not go as badly as we anticipated. Sometimes they work out very well although it might take years to do so. It worked for me. I faded and did not lose my family although it got hairy at times.

I am so happy for you that you have found your truth, took that big breath, and jumped in.

Hugs,

Robyn

• searcher
    searcher
    All they can really do is just make up other excuses

Jehovahs Witnesses (all the ones I ever met anyhow) are so good at making excuses for the WT.

Seems to me that no excuses should be necessary for the 'truthâ„¢'.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thanks Blondie!

Cookout anyone?

New Treager Grill.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit