I'm raising a holy hell war all over again... I just don't care...

by cognac 20 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I've been reconnecting with all my worldly relatives. I confided in my Grandmother about how I felt. My mom told me before calling her that my Grandmother basically abandoned us because we became JWs. It was as if she was warning me or trying to get me to not want to be close to her before I called her or something.

Anyways, I told my Grandmother how I felt about things. I also told my aunt. I'm supposed to go to my cousins today. My Grandmother confided in me that she was scared half to death that one of us kids would need a blood transfusion when we were little. She said she would always fight for us. She said she felt awful that we could never be a part of anything. She also said that if I started celebrating things that my parents would find out somehow.

So, what the hell with this fade? I can never celebrate anything cause my family will find out? I'm stuck in this crap and I can't get out unless I lose my family. Maybe I will just start having family gatherings right around the holidays instead. Anyways, I decided for now to actively hang out with my worldly relatives. At least once a week hubby and I will do something with them. It will help in forming a new support system and get him to understand that worldly people can be really awesome people.

Anyways, once my family finds out I'm hanging out with them on a regular basis all hell will break loose. I'm breaking every single rule and not getting d'fed by the skin of my teeth. They will be looking for something. I'm doing to much.

Oh, well. Anyways, how is everybody today?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I decided for now to actively hang out with my worldly relatives.

I've been doing this for months. The Jdubbity wife hates it. Says I never spend time with her. It is true but I can't talk or do the things I want around her like I can my relatives.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cognac..Your lucky..I had no family support when I left..I had to do it all on my own..It was a war every step of the way......You have relatives you can be with and celebrate holidays?!!...........Go for it!................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• cognac
    cognac

Hey Quirky1!

Yeah, I've noticed that they don't like us hanging out with them but there's not to much that they can do about it. They can't get us in trouble for it, they can't tell us not to hang out with them either. However, it seems to be one of those rules that are not written but everybody knows. All they can really do is just make up other excuses as to why they don't like us to hang out with our worldly relatives...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The fade thing is nice...But, it always comes down to this. Dubs are simple folk, but they are trained to 'watch out' for those that no longer 'regularly attend meetings' or whose 'spirituality' is slipping. Sad. For a religion that claims God is the ultimate judge on things, There are a lot of 'judgements' they make on people that clearly only belong to God.

• cognac
    cognac

Hey Outlaw! Well, if I celebrate the holidays with them I'm probably going to get caught... However, I don't really know them very well either. I'm very nervous around them. My cousin that I'm going over I don't even know how many kids he has or there names. I'm not even sure of his wife's names. I'm just kinda out of nowhere involving myself in there lives and kinda hoping for the best...

When I called my cousin one of the first things he said was that he didn't mind me being a JW. It was like we were the ones that rejected him and his family and when I came back he didn't know what to do but try to make me not nervous in hanging out with him. It's sad.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Cognac,

I regret that my "stand" for Jehovah and the Kingdom restricted time spent with my loving and generous non-Witness relatives. I certainly didn't shun them, but time spent with them was always intended as a silent or spoken witness about "The Truth." I just confessed my regret over this two days ago to non-Witness family. They were sympathetic and understanding.

I wish you the best through this difficult time of transition.

CoCo

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I haven't been a JW for very long and was always close to my family and kept in touch. I celebrated the 4th while the wifey is at the DC. She knew I was going to and will celebrate future holidays. She will rat me out when the time comes. I'll be Df'd.

Oh well.

• cognac
    cognac

They were sympathetic and understanding.

awwww, that's so nice!!! I'm so happy for you!

She will rat me out when the time comes. I'll be Df'd.

Sucks, huh? I'm sorry Quirky1.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Are either of you still connected to Jdubbityville?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit