The three greatest teachings of Jesus…

by darth frosty 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

X-mas bump!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Nicely put, Darth.

No wonder the Borg discourages small groups getting together to discuss the Bible without WT publications as a guide. Though an atheist myself, I appreciate the Bible as a book of proverbs, life lessons and love for ones fellow man.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Religions tend to get in the way of doing those teachings.

S

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Excellent post.

• Mary
    Mary
    1. The prodigal son. 2. The Good Samaritan. 3. The golden rule.

This is very timely, given that the upcoming Craptower study article for the beginning of January specifically states that:

Perhaps they can encourage a person to return to the congrega­tion by kindly showing him that Jehovah.............re­quires only things that we can do. These include studying the Scrip­tures, attending Christian meet ings, and preaching the good news of the Kingdom.

The three things that Jesus said were important as mentioned above and in the original post, do not even factor in anything the WTS churns out. To them, the three most important things are found nowhere in the scriptures, or at least not their warped view of it. You are not allowed to just 'study the scriptures' without their 'bible aids', lest you come to realize that many of their doctrines make no damn sense. As for attending Christian meetings, there is nothing in the scriptures that says you have to go several times a week in order to be in an 'approved standing' before God----it's nothing but a man made rule. Yes the early Christians met for worship but it bore no resemblance to the way the Organization has it set up today. As for preaching the good news of the Kingdom, well......both their message and their method is a joke. There's nothing in the NT to indicate that the vast majority of Christians will spend life in a paradise on earth, yet this is what the WTS teaches. Plus, there's no mandant that each Christian is required to turn in a field service report each month outlining exactly how many hours they spend in a coffee shop out in Service, or how many magaizines they placed.

In the upcoming WT study article in early January, they liken the Prodigal Son returning home to his father, not to someone who returns to Jehovah or Jesus, but to the Organization. And in the very few articles that speak of the Good Samaritan, the Borg most certainly does NOT follow the example of helping your enemies when they're in dire straights, but instead, use the bizarre comparison of how JW's are like the Good Samaritan by the preaching they do. I remember a few years ago when they had this article, there was an uncomfortable pause when the question was read, because I believe deep down, most Witnesses realize that they do NOT follow the example of the Good Samaritan at all. Anyway, one of the elders finally mumbled a reply and compared it to the preaching work. It really bugged me, so I raised my hand and pointed out that the parable of the Good Samaritan had nothing to do with preaching, it was given to show that we should be willing to help our so-called enemies without any ulterior motives if they need help. No one said anything and the conductor quickly moved on, but it just proved my point that they have no real interest in anything beyond lip service to what Jesus actually taught.

• jam
    jam

I have wonder, how would christianity evolved without the writing of paul..If the bible ended with the four gospel...It seems to me Paul was on a mission for him self..He made a lot of rules that took away from what jesus was teaching...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

#1:..Jesus liked to Break the Rules..Rock Banana.....#2:..Jesus walked anywhere he wanted..Including on top of water..Surfing.....#3:..When you partied with Jesus..There was no such thing as:"We`re out of Wine!!"..Drinking Contest....................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

the dubs are the REAL apostates! hehe!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

have NOTHING TO DO WITH PREACHING DOOR TO DOOR!!!!!! sorry 4 yelling. jesus' 2 greatest commands: 1) love god 2)love neighbor.....if preaching work was sooooo important, why not mention it here?

• carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit