The three greatest teachings of Jesus…

by darth frosty 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    wouldn't a jw say that the father only welcomed him back because he no longer was 'sinning'?

Yes, thats why he accepted him. The key is, that was all that was necesary. Dubs want you to stop sinning, come to the meeting for 6 months, sitting in your shame at the back of the hall, than write a letter saying how sorry you are and that you will like them to consider re-instating you. That is some Bull-CaCa. The father immediately welcomed his son back into his life.

By placing extra measures and requirements on penitence, the dubs have eliminated Christ vision and supplanted it with their own. The only requirment that Jesus laid out to be forgiven of your sins, was to stop doing them. The way of true christainity, at its base level, is very pure and Idealic. Over the course of centuries and a millenia, religions have added on there own rules. When you burn away these added rules and regulations, what you are left with is the pure and simply version that christ left for us.

I believe that it is human nature to take a belief and rationalize and make it your own. In and of itself there is nothing wrong with this. But, when you try to force your incorporated beliefs on others thats where it begans to be watered down and erodes the real meaning of christ teachings.

• uninformed
    uninformed

DF,

Good post, I have saved it to a word doc.

Brant

• Lieu
    Lieu

"Great post! I've thought of these things but couldn't have said it so clearly. When I was a JW the thing I found the most comfort in was the Greatest Man book. The teachings and illustrations of Jesus are so simple and reflective of God's love. I came to see that God was not harsh, demanding and unreasonable in his requirements; however, the organization certainly was unreasonable and demanding. Studying about Jesus's teachings gave me hope, and caused me to doubt and eventually discard the attitude of JWs. "

Wow!! Weird, for some odd reason I loved that book. :) It was the first one (for adults) that actually talked about Jesus and was well-written. I was shocked!! I also got one of the strangest yet peaceful feelings in my life after reading it.

• Lieu
    Lieu

I have concluded from this topic that my lost brothers and sisters are followers of Paul. Think about it, they talk up Paul so much you'd think he was the Messiah.

The only thing mentioned about Jesus is the Memorial and sheeps and goats. That's it.

Nothing about the fishes and bread for the hungry crowd listening to the Sermon, nothing about helping strangers in a real and physical way, nothing about the prodigal son's silliness and the happiness (despite the silliness) of his pop on his return.

Nada.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Lieu-I agree with you on both points. The greatest man book was a real boon to lure in people to the witness cause. They struck gold on that series, I wonder how long it took them to realize its value. At first it started out as a series of articles in the WT, Than the complete series came out in book form. They strung that series out over a good ten+ year period. I think they went over it at the BS 3 times.

As far as them worshiping paul, your right. I believe that despite his enlightenment that happened on the road to damascus, paul still felt a need to hold on to the hard core rules of judism. On the flip side one thing about paul he was quick to amend a wrong.

I love the account that the dubs point out to justify DF'ing. The story of the man knocking off his step-mom and the whole congo knew. Paul came down hard on him and said the congo should have nothing to do with him. Within six months of sending out that letter, the congo had another one in their hands telling them to disregard what he had said earlier and to accept the guy back into the fold, saying he had repented and suffered enough.

Now think about this. There is a time difference of six months between 1 cor and 2 cor. 6 months!!! We're talking about 1st century mail here. In six months time paul coined the first letter and sent it out, got feedback and tales of repentence on part of the sinner (oh I forgot to mention that his heavy handed sentence was causing divisions in the congo because many felt it was too harsh a punishment.) So hearing about the commotion and anguish his words were causing...paul retracted his statement. He said to accept him back so as not to have division in the congo that satan can take advantage of. So for the betterment of the congo paul in 2 books or letters started the practice of disfellowshiping and did away with it. Pity the dubs dont look closer to the real end results of this practice.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen, brother.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Great one Darth.

BTS

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

End of era bump

• Eyes Open