Any other lady bikers here?

by Lady Zombie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Vrooom Vrooom! Ah, my two-wheeled therapist!

I know some of the fellas here ride, but are there any Sister Bikers about?

I don't ride anything fancy, it's an older model Honda Shadow VT750. I would very much like to get a Harley Softail Springer or maybe a FXDL Low Rider someday. Ugh, much $ $ $ though!

Then again, I really love the Old School bikes like Indians and Panheads.

I always snicker at how the JWs would react if a woman drove to a meeting on her bike. What reasons would they try to use to deny entrance? Jeans, boots and leather jacket? Or maybe just the fact that a female is riding a motorcycle. I'm sure the congregation would just sh*t bricks.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body and have a bike does that count...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I admire biker women. I wish I had the moxey.

A guy at work ran around telling everyone I was a bad influence on all of them. He said he just knew I was a biker mamma. He was being cute. I laughed pretty hard. I am such a sissy girl. I mean, I was part tom boy as a kid: a healthy mix of girl and tomboy. I could romp in the woods all day and then head for ballet class. Now I am basically a sissy.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Zeroday-hmmm, lesbian trapped in a male body and rides a motorcycle. Yeah why not, sure it counts!

FHN--listen, if I can ride, anyone can. You should have seen me when I was learning! Once you get the basics down, it's just practice, practice, practice.

• recovering
    recovering

very cool lady bikers

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I guess seeing that brain on the pavement next to a motorcycle wreck victim on Rotten.com kind of cured me of any aspirations of becoming a bikin' chick. I rode a mini bike once. I rather liked it. Othewise I've always taken the queen seat.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

When I first got my bike and started riding, several people I know would e-mail me pictures of motorcycle accidents from Rotten.com.

It got annoying because I'm very aware of what can happen. I ride with the attitude that everyone is out to kill me on my motorcycle so I drive aggressively defensive.

Finally I told them to quit it because they shouldn't upset me and actually cause me to wreck.

• zeroday
    zeroday

IF you ride without a helmet you will have your brains scattered all over the road...I also took a 3 day safety course at my local community college it was so effective the DMV gave me a license without further testing and my insurance was cut in half...Everytime I'm riding the NUMBER ONE thing on my mind do other drivers see me and if not anticipate their moves...it's all about attitude...

Also I have a Honda VTX1300C red because we all know red bikes are the fastest...

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I took a certified course too. The DMV waived the riding test and I only had to take the written. My insurance was discounted too.

In my state, they're considering making it mandatory for all new riders to take a class and some insurance companies are already requiring it.

What makes my hair stand on end is to see these early 20's guys on powerful sport bikes like Ninjas and Ducatis. They're out there on the highway in heavy traffic weaving in and out and popping wheelies.

Squids.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

And yes, I wear a DOT approved helmet. I like my brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit