Horrific fuel prices in Germany

by flyphisher 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

Neuer Höchststand: Super so teuer wie nie - über 1,60 Euro pro Liter

1,61 EURO per 1 liter = 9,57 US-Dollar per gallon (!!)

• llbh
    llbh

Wow we are paying $12 in the uk

Regards David

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

That is just awful.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

... and THESE are the lowest prices (global!)

To get the US-gallon-price, multiply the Euro/lit-price with * 5,94

normal = 91 oct super = 95 oct

Afghanistan Normal € 0,43 Algeria Diesel € 0,11 Aserbaidshan Diesel € 0,31 Egypt Diesel € 0,14

Ethiopia Super € 0,24 Bahamas Diesel € 0,25 Bolivia Super € 0,25 Brazil Diesel€ 0,54 China Normal € 0,45 Ecuador Normal€ 0,24 Ghana Normal € 0,09 !!!!!!! Greenland Super € 0,50 Guayana Normal € 0,67 Hong Kong Diesel € 0,84 India Diesel € 0,62 Indonesia Diesel € 0,32 Iraq Super € 0,60 Kasakhstan Diesel € 0,44 Qatar Super € 0,15

Kuwait Super € 0,18 Cuba Normal € 0,62 Libya Diesel € 0,08 !!!!!!! Malaysia Super € 0,55 Mexico Diesel € 0,41 Moldavia Normal € 0,25

Oman Super plus € 0,20 Peru Diesel € 0,22

Philippines Diesel € 0,69 Russia Super € 0,64 Saudi Arabia Diesel € 0,07 !!!!!! South Africa Diesel € 0,66 Swasiland Super € 0,10 !!!!!! Syria Diesel € 0,10 !!!!! Trinidad Super € 0,33 Thailand Super € 0,65 Tunesia Diesel € 0,49 USA Diesel € 0,61 Venezuela Diesel € 0,07 !!!!! VAE (Dubai..) Diesel € 0,18 Vietnam Diesel € 0,55 Bielarus Diesel € 0,51

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

hey no FAIR, in the US diesel is more expensive than gas!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And here in the USA, we are finally catching up with where the world has been several years ago. Of course, since the dodos running the show refuse to go metric, we are going to be stuck in the obsolete gallons forever--and it is just topping $4 a gallon this year. Which is what they have been paying in Europe as far back as 1980--$1 a liter.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Why is it that countries like the the UK and Germany have higher fuel prices than the USA? It is because of the amount of tax these countries levy on fuel. The Democratic controlled US congress would like to make things more fair though by adding an $0.85 per gallon federal tax.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

A lot of people I know whine about fuel prices
    Crybabies
    I tell them to offset the cost
    They can do it wherever they live
    Invest in the oil services sector
    Invest in coal
    Invest in rail transportation
    We Americans need to get accustomed to higher prices
    What is - is
    Put your money to work for you

Investment
    It's the best form of wealth redistribution

Screw the overly aggressive and potentially regressive social programs
    Screw "windfall" taxes
    What does that really mean anyway.
    Who determines what's to much?
    Who determines what's not enough?

Everybody needs to eat
    I'll teach them to fish

Back on topic

For me the price of fuel only increases the overall value
    of my investments

Anyone can do it
    It doesn't take a huge chunk of money to start

IT DOES TAKE GETTING YOURSELF EDUCATED ABOUT HOW TO DO IT WISELY

Or you can just sit around Pi**ing and moaning about it
    and wait for some politician to come up with some grand fix

BAH

Like waiting for Armageddon, it's right around the corner you know

Rant Over

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

The Democratic controlled US congress would like to make things more fair though by adding an $0.85 per gallon federal tax.<<

I would feel better about paying that portion (which presumably would remain in the US) than the first $4.00 which is gone forever.

SEVEN days production by the UAE yields enough cash to buy Ford Motor Company. Cool huh?

• FairMind
    FairMind
    I would feel better about paying that portion (which presumably would remain in the US) than the first $4.00 which is gone forever.

Actually the first $4.00 already includes a whopping amount of taxes. Increasing taxes will not solve the economic woes of the USA, it will only make things worse as it pulls funds out of the private sector and puts them into the hands of an ever increasing welfare minded government. Also I’m not so sure that the increased tax would remain in the USA. The Democratic presidential nominee would like to impose an addition to the income tax for the purpose of giving money to the UN.

The best tax plan is the “Fair Tax” which completely eliminates the income tax and gives power back to the people instead of the elitist and bureaucratic politicians. The current method of tax and spend has helped bring the USA to it’s economic knees. All additional taxes will do is makes things harder for us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit