I just can't pick up my pieces and continue with my life...

by justhuman 42 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Anger...yep...assholes. But you know what the BEST revenge is to live a good long FREE life! If you take yours they will only point at you and use you for an example of what happens when people "leave Jehovah" and I KNOW you dont want them to have the satisfaction!

Its a big BEAUTIFUL world out there honey...6.7 BILLION people on the planet less 6 million who really would like to meet you.

hugs, LD

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I am so sorry to hear you're feeling so down. It's understandable, this is a $hitty thing to experience

You are still young. You're a similar age to me. You also have a rare experience. Use it to your advantage.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm sorry for what you are going thru, it can be lonely...that's why making friends here will help ease the pain and give you hope

and courage to move forward....make a happy place for yourself. As someone mentioned get involved in community events, you can

meet new people. Many I'm sure would be willing to talk to you and email you besides pm's. It has been a great joy for me....I send pictures and stuff

its been rather fun. What do ya say? I'll send you my info....you can decide.

cheers,

keep your chin up many of us have been there, we care about you.

hope4others

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Justhaman,

No doubt, reality....what a concept! Not being a born in I cannot imagine what ones feelings would be once realization set in and the feeling of being victimized takes over.

It appears many here are ready to support you.

I know I am.

I hope you the best!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i stopped the usefulness thinking of my past ... it's gone ... the only time worth concentrating is the NOW ... thus THE POWER OF NOW

• caliber
    caliber

Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. - George Carlin

In compassion lies the worlds's true strength ... Buddha

Passion and Compassion seek with vigor these driving forces !

One thought I've learned is what they call "vertical living"....

living in the present moment not "horizontal living " looking back at out life or pressing

too hard into the future, dealing with now, enjoying now ! Like what is printed on many

maps ...you are here ! Passion and compassion in the here and now WILL WORK !

Caliber

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

JH,

It's very painful to experience what we have been through. I am a fellow born-in, and I woke up at the age of 37. At the age of 36 I started my college education, and I have already graduated.

Its not an easy prospect to jumpstart your life at your age, but you have plenty of positive experiences ahead of you. Reach out to other people, whether they be exJW or nonJW. There are countless numbers of people who will be interested in your story. I have told my story to a number of people in the past few months... one 62 yr old gentleman wrote me a nice email after meeting me and hearing my story:

Hi Lance...it was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you on
    Sunday at Minnewaska. I want to wish you the very best in
    resolving whatever issues may still come for you from your
    recent....I'm not sure what to call it..."unconversion." I
    have to think that it can't be easy and I admire you courage
    for having made the break....even if it seems that waking up
    the way you did you had no choice. I related your story to my
    wife, who, as the most anti-theistic person I know, appreciated
    hearing it.

Years ago when my cousin joined the Moonies (he was 25, grew up
    in a moderately religious Jewish household), I read a
    fascinating book called "Snapping, The Epidemic of Sudden
    Personality Change in America." It was a fascinating read, I
    imagine it covered much of the same ground as that book you
    mentioned. For one thing, it described something called the
    "Transcendental Experience" and how cults (using a variety of
    means) try to induce it in their newest members and then use
    that experience to convince these newbies that the experience
    was a result of the teachings of the organization or the guru
    or whoever the big cheese is. Manipulation and Brainwashing in
    its purest form.

So there are tons of people who will care about you and will be impressed with you because you no longer belong to a brainwashing cult. You are free... now to start enjoying your freedom....

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hang in there my brother. The Tavli pieces often look like crap before you win the game.

Nicolaou (Mihalis)

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    I don't have a second chance, and NO one will give me back, my best years of my life.

The best years of your life can start today. You just need to realise it.

Paul

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

My heart feels for you
    The pain and confusion you feel is one felt by most of us
    I too was born-in
    I too felt I was denied choices
    I too felt trapped
    I lost youth
    I lost young adulthood
    I can never get them back
    Now at almost 53 years I am energized