letter from a supposed friend

by chellechelle 51 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Hey Chelle,

Looks like the JW drama circus just came to your town!

She obviously expects you to assume your position as a pitiful, wayward fool (in her eyes). Gawd I have no tolerance for that. In similar conversations I have gained enourmous satisfaction by taking a tone that essentially conveys:

"How stupid do you have to be to believe....

• God has alway had a Faithful and Discrete Slave yet for some strange reason they were nowhere to be found when Russel was around - or when the Bible Canon was needing to be assembled.
    • The Society is directed by God yet makes bogus doomsday predictions over and over again.
    • God intend to kill 99.9% of humans because a talking snake told a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit
    • All of Earths animals were on a wooden boat just 5000 years ago

The list goes on, but you get the idea. She's a moron stuck in a cult that ruin families over loony beliefs like this. I've only managed to see one person exit the silly religion. I'm not sure if I had anything to do with it, but I do recall my healthy doses of ridicule on sheer stupidity of their logic had some effect when we talked. He initially assumed a similar condescending pitiful tone when we talked. It took a couple of whacks with the "ridiculous club" and I sensed he realized just how dumb his position was.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

yes well luckily that is what i have been doing..... making her realizes that this is the first extremly smart thing i have done in my mind.. to escape the borg.

however, my parents are creepy stalker obsessive people.. through her spy ways she has somehow come across my posts on jwd and is not pleased as i ahve just gotten off the phone with her about an hour ago.. ( i laugh.... )

she has also decided never to see me now.. never to be in the same room. however she is writing me a letter.

hurray for everyone here another dose of stupidity from my f'd up family... letters seem to be in fashion these days

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hi mom! ;-)

• lola28
    lola28

I really hate to say this but man you sound extremely bitter for a kid your age. It’s incredibly sad to see that.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

im not bitter at all i am realisitc why should i be upset by what she is doing.. i realize that i have waisted years of my life in the cult. i just use my sarcasm to go against what other people are saying. no bitterness at all... purely happy to be free

• John Doe
    John Doe

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/159550/1.ashx

Here's a recent thread about another girl who was disfellowshiped early. She has an interesting youtube video. She actually posted later on this thread, and you might find her situation interesting.

• lola28
    lola28

I’m not disputing the fact that you are happy, what I am saying is that there is an undertone of anger and bitterness in all your posts. Don’t get me wrong, you have a right to be angry, it just saddens me to see someone have such ugly feelings to contend with, especially someone your age. I also wanted to point out that the second letter you posted from your friend showed that she cares about you, yeah she belongs to a stupid religion but if she didn’t give a flip about you she wouldn’t of taken the time our of her day to write it. It seems ungrateful to me that someone extended feelings of good will to you and you responded not only by making fun of her beliefs but by also calling her an idiot. And listen she may be an idiot and stupid for believing in the org but she was an idiot that cared enough about you to write you a letter expressing her concern, that should count for something.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

yes i suppose it counts for something... you are right about that. But i believe that people should not try to guilt others into believing something or make them feel bad for what they are doing.. choosing the life they wish to live. i know that she does care about me but i dont agree what so ever with what she is saying.. she had her freedom of opinion to write me and i have my freedom of opinion to talk about how what she said is wrong. i find great insult in being told that there is something wrong with me comparing me to having hypothermia drowning in the water which is the " world". i understand she means well . but then again i did not answer the letter to her.. i posted it to get feelings off of my chest and done away with .. and also to hear the advice of others. which i greatly apreciate hearing

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
  • chellechelle
    chellechelle

the supression of intelligence amazes me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit