letter from a supposed friend

by chellechelle 51 Replies latest jw friends

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

michelle, my dear girl :

what is going on with you right now? with all that you went through last year how could you felt yourself be sucked into a similar trap? And when you saw yourseld going a certain way why didn't you ask for help? jah tells us we can never be tested beyond what we can bare, but hew will either give us the strength or make a way out for us.he knew if you relied on him and asked for help from me you would have succeeded with flying colours, and you have felt good about yourself and had a clean conscience.

your mom told me just a bit of what was going on with you and i am sick to my stomach and shocked. my dear little sister cant be acting like this. so at the sunday meeting i was basically crying through most of it because i couldnt get my mind off of you ( the watch tower study is perfect for you, but too close to home to study in front of people ) so i worte this down to calm myself down. to know discpline.. to recieve disicpline that gives insight , and listen to discipline of your father and the law of your mother. jehocvah is going to discipline you because he lvoes you and he wants to shake some sense into that totally lost head of yours. but he also needs to protect the rest of the congrgation including your sister from your atrocious conduct. I know you say i love jehovah ( sidebar... never said once while talking to her... * my but*) and his organization. but your conduct, actions and attitudes you are in reality acting like eve choosing for yourselfd what you want to do, by doing what jehovah tells us is wrong.

he only wants what is best for you. he wants you to be happy. he is actually begging you to pay attention to my commandments. please, please listen. i love way so much and so does jehovah. you dont know or see the pain that you are causing everyone it would have been easier if you had just died. i beg of you to seriously rthink prayrfully of what you are doing. the end is so close and i want you to be with me in the new system.

I know that you dont want to hear all of this but i wouldnt be a true friend if i didnt. i know what is right and wrong. and what you are doing is very very wrong. please, before it is too late, humble yourself. admit you have made mistakes and give jehhovah the most important place in your heart. you cant slave for two masters. , you have an intense love for the world and it has sucked you dry. what happened to that intelligent girl i know. because now all i can see is pure stupidity. please just learn to hate this world. because it hates you and is going to kill you.

satans world is like a beautiful balloon. it looks so nice but after a little time the outer fascade weakens and bursts and all that is left over is garbage and inside the balloon is poisonous air that will end up killing you. so i beg of you to be like the prodegal son and come back with all your heart to serve jehovah before it is too late. i will be here waiting for your return...

your big sister, corina oxoxoxoxo

ok now to point out everything that is extremely wrong with her letter. where do i possibly start?

first of all. she mentioned how i am being sucked into a similar trap as what happened to me last year.. lets clairify..i was assaulted by an ex boyfriend. so the present situation of having a boyfriend now.. which is an awesome relationship. somehow compares to something that hurt me enough to send me into a downward spiral of depression.. somehow leaving the supposed "truth" to have a life i enjoy is comparable.

the next thing that really bugs me is how i am " lost" and " no longer intelligent" because i have decided to leave a religion. how can there be a lack of intelligence on my part when i am deciding to think for myself. That i dont need a " god" or a bunch of old men i brooklynn to tell me what i should think, feel, want and desire. NO, true wisdom and intelligence is having the mental capacity to make decisions for yourself. to realize what is wrong in your life and change your path to the better. which is what i have done. i have allieviated myself of such mind control.

most of this is obviously bul-- but the other thing i am going to comment on is how the world is a poisonous balloon that is going to kill me. wow... can we be anymore dramatic.. unless you are talking about pollution and poor air quality and chemicals of some sort i suggest you elave such opinioins to yourself. how would said "world" kill me. am i not living in the same world of oppertunity and circumstance regardless of my religious beliefs? the only difference is that now i am decideing how to live my life.I am ablew to do the normal things everyone does with a clear conscience. so the world, in which i am reviling, is some how going to kill me. if this is true than so be it. I would rather die knowing i have freedom of thought and pertson than knowing i have been overtaken and devoured, so to speak, in a mind contol cult.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I hope that you are not a troll like Jason999, anyway, I will let others to comment on your thread if they desire to do so.

• JK666
    JK666

cc,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• chickpea
    chickpea
    you dont know or see the pain that you are causing everyone it would have been easier if you had just died

who thinks like that?!?!
    easier for WHOM????
    guess you are so encouraged
    by THAT loving train of thought!!!
    i know i would be Mad Smiley Banging Head Against A Brick Wall

welcome to the
    cult-free atmosphere
    of balloon gases

• jgnat
    jgnat

Repeat, with my highlighting:

what is going on with you right now? with all that you went through last year how could you felt yourself be sucked into a similar trap? And when you saw yourseld going a certain way why didn't you ask for help? jah tells us we can never be tested beyond what we can bare, but hew will either give us the strength or make a way out for us.he knew if you relied on him and asked for help from me you would have succeeded with flying colours, and you have felt good about yourself and had a clean conscience.

your mom told me just a bit of what was going on with you and i am sick to my stomach and shocked. my dear little sister cant be acting like this. so at the sunday meeting i was basically crying through most of it because i couldnt get my mind off of you ( the watch tower study is perfect for you, but too close to home to study in front of people ) so i worte this down to calm myself down. to know discpline.. to recieve disicpline that gives insight , and listen to discipline of your father and the law of your mother. jehocvah is going to discipline you because he lvoes you and he wants to shake some sense into that totally lost head of yours. but he also needs to protect the rest of the congrgation including your sister from your atrocious conduct. I know you say i love jehovah ( sidebar... never said once while talking to her... * my but*) and his organization. but your conduct, actions and attitudes you are in reality acting like eve choosing for yourselfd what you want to do, by doing what jehovah tells us is wrong.

he only wants what is best for you. he wants you to be happy. he is actually begging you to pay attention to my commandments. please, please listen. i love way so much and so does jehovah. you dont know or see the pain that you are causing everyone it would have been easier if you had just died. i beg of you to seriously rthink prayrfully of what you are doing. the end is so close and i want you to be with me in the new system.

I know that you dont want to hear all of this

but i wouldnt be a true friend if i didnt. i know what is right and wrong. and what you are doing is very very wrong. please, before it is too late, humble yourself. admit you have made mistakes and give jehhovah the most important place in your heart. you cant slave for two masters. , you have an intense love for the world and it has sucked you dry. what happened to that intelligent girl i know. because now all i can see is pure stupidity. please just learn to hate this world. because it hates you and is going to kill you.

satans world is like a beautiful balloon. it looks so nice but after a little time the outer fascade weakens and bursts and all that is left over is garbage and inside the balloon is poisonous air that will end up killing you. so i beg of you to be like the prodegal son and come back with all your heart to serve jehovah before it is too late. i will be here waiting for your return...

your big sister, corina oxoxoxoxo

OK, nowhere in this rant does she lay out what exactly you are supposed to have done that is so horrible.

Yellow is where I think she has imposed motive on you that she cannot know. Pink is where she lays blame for her misery on you. And blue is basically bossing you about on how you are supposed to "fix" the supposed "problem". Whatever that may be.

I think I'd answer simply. Something like, "How dare you assume you know my position with Jehovah. Do you Judge me in His place? That's pretty arrogant if you ask me. Don't presume any more to speak as my older sister. I am not lost, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. If you are prepared to talk to me as a fellow human being, give me a call and we can have a good talk about it over coffee. Otherwise, keep your studies, and your tears, to yourself."

• flipper
    flipper

CHELLE CHELLE- Hi there my friend. Me and my wife are Mincan's good friends in California. You know - the one's he's staying with right now. I'm so sorry you are going through having to deal with this condescending arrogant attitude from your sister. I went through the same exact thing in Septemember of 2007 from 2 of my witness brother and sister when they thought I wasn't living up to their expectations.

I know you hurt right now - but please try to understand your sister is talking to you through a " cult personality" that has been trained by the Jehovah's Witnesses, not her " authentic real " non-cult personality which she was really born with. Cults are abusive to any member trying to leave them, and her letter to you was chalk full of abusive comments. Note the following , all of these were made to cause you guilt.

" You might have felt good about yourself and have a clean conscience .

" Wants to shake some sense into that totally lost head of yours. "

" You don't know or see the pain that you are causing ".

" Would have been easier if you just died. "

" Al I can see is pure stupidity . "

CHELLE CHELLE- All these comments are meant to do is make you feel bad about yourself and your freedom of thought, and are some of the exact same comments my brother and sister said to me. The JW's are the ones who are blinded, as they so willingly see what they consider " bad " in others, but refuse to see it in themselves ! So, remember that. You have a great guy, you sound really intelligent, and seem like a lovely person, DON"T let these abusive words in her letter get you too down. You have friends out west here who care about you- you are a good decent person . If this sister was in her RIGHT MIND, she wouldn't write what she did. But she is a robot under " cult mind control". Remember that. We can talk, I'll have Mincan PM you our number. Take care friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

As you have seen with the ex-boyfriend, (who I assume was "worldly") and your dear letter writing friend, people are people, and they have the capacity to hurt you whether or not they are jws or "worldlies". But you sound like you have it together, and I'm glad for you. FYI: I've been back in the world for 20 years, and it hasn't killed me yet. Guess I was lucky enough not to run into any poisonous balloons! Welcome to JWD and a real life!

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

apartently easier for people who cant deal with change or respect the opinions of others..

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

what i like is that you are spot on with the highlighting. and there is nothing wrong that i have done.. unless there is a problem with happiness in ones life i dont see a problem. oh we had a phone conversation i wish my brain was attuned enough to remember everything that wa said during that... it was some funny shit.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

ya thx. by the way not my sister... my sister is younger and doesnt speak to me.. this is someone who calls herself my best friend... i thought best friends were supposed to llove unconditionally. but aparently a matter of religion is an overbearing condition that one cannot get past. oh and i know about the guilt that is all that anyone has said to me about the whole thing is how guilty i should be. as if the fact that others feel bad should be the determining factor in choosing a religion... i should make a way of life for myself because i might hurt someones feelings... that is not me..

oh and dont worry i do not feel bad in the least.. i take everything with a grain of salt . i realize where it is coming from it is not a natural insult but forced through brainwashing.. their words could not harm me in the slightest.

but thanks for your concern... it does help to have such a " great guy" on my side :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit