Letter of Disassociation

by Maryjane 25 Replies latest jw friends

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I did it because I felt I needed closure. Perhaps you could write it and burn it. Just realize that these "brothers" will treat you as though you have leprosy for the REST of your LIFE because of it if you turn it in. Not to mention how it will effect all of your family. They are not the "truth", they are not god appointed. You do not need to "resign" from a fake and blasphemous organization. If you still are a religious man, dissassocate yourself in prayer maybe, in your heart from the organization. Do not give them the right to control your life, becasue they will, and it will effect how they treat your relatives as well. I regret what I did, when so badly I had wanted it. I wish I would have just walked away, but stubborn me, I just HAD to stand up and make my voice known. Still, to this day, no one freaking knows. After my family told people I was doing it, friends wouldn't accept personal letters of farewell and explanation I had written (as an earlier individual had suggested) because they knew it was coming and already considered me apostate since I was disass. not disf. Hardly anyone has any clue why I did what I did. You think they'd wonder huh? The rumor is I commited a sin so horrible I beat the elders to the punch and just left, so not true. I saw through the organization and it sickened me. There was no "sin".

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

Thanks for the serious food for thought all. Maybe I will continue to just leave well-enough alone :\ I'm getting into the same "defensive" mode I was in early in my departure. Definitely don't want to go backwards. Let them 'think' what they will. As some of them leave (and some of them will) they will see what we see. I certainly have long-departed in my heart.

• Dane Girl
    Dane Girl

Good work, Maryjane. Writing a letter because one cares what they think only strengthens the JW's power. I've been soooo tempted to do so myself when my sister un-invited me to her wedding based on the elder's (that was giving her wedding talk) expression of would-be disdain over my presence. The anger I felt was uncomparable. In the end, I am so glad that I did not follow through. Hang in there.

• White Dove
    White Dove

If it wasn't for my family being like 5 generations of them, I would DA in a second.

I don't like the JWs I've met here except for one, and she never comes around to persue a friendship.

It's hard to keep my pen in check.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I beg to differ from other posters... My DA became official on May 20, and it is liberating. As FF said, they won't bother you anymore or try to contact you. JWs will avoid you like the plague.

JWs irritate me to death so This does not bother me one bit. I have lost all my JW "friends: but my social life is more active than ever since I am cultivating real friendships with ExJWs and non-JWs.

Nothing to fear from the DA. Of course, if you just want to ignore them, it doesn't really matter. We don't recognize their authority anymore anyway, do we?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If you decide to write to individuals, you will have a better chance of people reading it. However, timing is of upmost importance. If an Elder should get a copy, they will immediately call everyone and tell them to destroy the letter without opening it.

So, if you were to mail it, say on a Sunday night, so that most would get it on Tuesday, this would be better. In the future when they discontinue the Tuesday night book study, mailing on a Sunday night or a Monday morning would be great. Or you could possibly mail it on a Thursday, and they would get it Friday or Saturday.

My two cents.

Outaservice

• karnage
    karnage

Congratulations on your new found freedom Maryjane! I agree with the previous posts... the elders will never let any of the members hear that letter, nor will it be even mentioned. This is what they do! They control information as you well know. Anything that is not flowing in their favor, they are going to say that apostates got to you, or who know whatelse. Keeping a blind fold over the eyes of everyone is what they are best at.

• sspo
    sspo

Don't do it.

It's been nine years, why open a can of worms.

Why be treated like a leper by them.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Maybe instead of a DA letter of any kind, you could write a nice "haven't seen you in a while, this is what I am up to" kind of letter to your old friends and friendly associates. Let them know you are in a good place, the kind of work you are doing, fun things you are doing, your involvement in your job/community. The things that make you happy. And you can indicate "I know some of you may be misinformed about what is happening with me, so I just wanted to clarify. Life is good, I am happy, and I wish only good things for you." Leave religion out of it, and show them how much else there can be in a life-maybe even theirs.

Shelly
    PS, might want to mention about your poor old aunts increasing difficulties with her mental acuity:)

• freeme
    freeme

i say dont do it.

it wont do anything about the lies about you. maybe it would just get worse when you pure more oil into the fire with your letter. any reason why someone left the organisation is automatically categorized by jws in these categories:

a) didnt study enough which made him/her spiritually weak and removed the ability to see the truth with the help of the holy ghost
    b) was deluded by satan on the internet (lies and false information)
    c) is just stupid

so most jws would just think "oh wow, how weired she got over the last years since she went away from jehovah" and "how desperate is she that she has to write this 'hate letter' after so many years". (yes every letter which is critical to the gb or doctrine is a "hate letter" to many). to most jws such a letter would be useless. they wouldnt get the essence of it.

i think its useless to write such a letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit