Another One Joins JWD

by allgoodthings... 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome!

:)

• horrible life
    horrible life

Welcome allgoodthings!!! You finally broke down, and posted something. I don't know how you resisted so long. Keep on posting, and I hope you like it here.

Psssssst.... and it's free! Now how great is that?

• allgoodthings...
    allgoodthings...

Thank you for all the kind welcoming words.

Congrats to Oompa who guessed the rest of the phrase I was thinking of when I picked my name. He gets a cookie.However I also liked the way some of you chose to finish it as well.

I will tell a little about myself. I was indoctrinated into the JW cult from birth by my mother. My father studied but did not choose to be baptized. So it was as the Watchtower puts it "a divided family". In order to fit in with the other Kingdom hall kids and to please my mother I got baptized when I was 13 years old. I'm now in my mid twenties and no longer consider myself one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am not going to meetings or field service but I also am not DF or DA. I switched congs about the same time as I quit going to meetings. I feel like I'm just delaying the inevitable as far as cutting my ties with all JWs. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Do you want to know my reason for leaving? After some internet reasearch, I came to the conclusion that the JWs are a cult that I no longer want to be a part of. I realize now that the only authority that the governing body has is the authority that we let them have. It most certainly doesn't come from god. I feel like a chapter in my life is closing.

And a new one is being written. Maybe that's what I was thinking of when I chose my username here. Or maybe not. I was drunk at the time.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

exactly what i felt i was kicked out of my house for leaving the religion so i have been a jwd junkie for the last few days. i havent done much else. it has really made me feel alot better tho..

• Priest73
    Priest73

welcome aboard!!!

• golf2
    golf2

Welcome aboard. The best to you.

• What-A-Coincidence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit