Move is Complete! Life is Available!

by Metamorphosis 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

So my move to a new city is now complete. It comes at the expense of losing my wife and my life for the past 30 + years - I still somehow feel at peace. My wife cheated on me. My religion turned out to be a farce. I could let that conquer me or I could let go of the chains that have gripped me and expose myself to life's possiblities. I chose the latter.

So far I feel refreshed. I almost feel saddened in a way - to think so light of the life i'm leaving behind. But the visions i see of the possibilites that lay before me give me hope of a life far richer and more satisfying. i have been here but 3 days and am already feeling a load being lifted off of my shoulders. My ex will carry on her life in the hopes of a near collapse of life on earth called Armageddon - i will carry on mine with a hope of being true to myself as an individual - knowing that i am a good person without needing the vindication and approval of mere man.

i am surviving. i am living. i am creating a new reality.

i am me. i can live with that.

Morph

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats and good luck. Life on the outside is soooooooooooo much better.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Enjoy your new life and your new found freedom. Make your own paradise.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Although I don't have as much as you've had to give up....I do in some ways wish I could relocate and create an entirely new me from scratch. Or just the same me without the hangups and blind friends. But then I remember that I'm sometimes allergic to the unknown...

I guess you really are living up to your name, Metamorphosis! Catepillar to the butterfly! Or...shoot I don't know...a cicada...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Congratulations. Good for you. Best wishes on a good fresh start.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    Although I don't have as much as you've had to give up....I do in some ways wish I could relocate and create an entirely new me from scratch. Or just the same me without the hangups and blind friends. But then I remember that I'm sometimes allergic to the unknown...

The unknown can be a scary place. But i decided once the wifey chose some old guys in new york over me that it couldn't get any scarier than that. it's amazing how much i've learned to grow, to love, to understand, to embrace, and to open myself up to since i stopped letting man made rules govern my life and really listened to what it (life) had to offer. i have a closer relationship to god, to people, and to myself than i have ever had before.

it's a good feeling.

Morph

• flipper
    flipper

MORPH- You are a great guy with a great heart ! I wish you all the happiness in the world on your new move ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It is scary to start over, but a fresh new place will give you the boost you need to start over.

Good Luck & Best Wishes For New Beginnings,

hope4others

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations! I love settling into a new city-a new life would be a kick:) I hope you love your new town and soon have lots of new friends, acquaintances and business associates. Enjoy-don't dwell on the icky old mess.

Blessings to you!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Metamorphosis, I love your screen name. It is perfect. You are a very brave man and you are doing the right thing. You now have an opportunity to make a new life, new friends, new beliefs. That is a lot at one time. Take it easy. Don't go too fast. I think that you will be the happiest you've ever been. Put the bad stuff behind you but remember the good stuff.

Good luck to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit