This board is so surreal...

by zeroday 22 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

Having been a Jehovah's Witness for 28 years any and everyone here could have been in my congregation with no thought of discent...and yet here we all are here...some time in our past we realized something was wrong with our belief system but you would have never known it with the ones you shared your beliefs with...I never dreamed I would ever leave much less find a community struggling with the same issues I did but we did and are all here...kind of surreal in a strange way...who would have known...

• dinah
    dinah

Zero, human spirit usually wins.

• knock knock
    knock knock

Yep. Thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I still find it amazing that the trauma of having been a dub transcends all our present-day differences.

Where else do born-again Christians, atheists, right and left wingers, Wiccans, Buddhists, and schizo Bible babblers keep coming back to talk to one another?

That we stay together, despite squabbles, speaks volumes about the WTS and its treatment of its adherents. It's almost like we're all old war buddies.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWD Rocks!!..Thats for sure!..This place has been a GodSend for so many..I count myself among them........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I like being able to find answers that make sense here. True, they might not always be correct. But they are better than the crap ones that come from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. And they are generally of some value, especially when you look at several different ones and then cross-reference them.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Where else do born-again Christians, atheists, right and left wingers, Wiccans, Buddhists, and schizo Bible babblers keep coming back to talk to one another?

That we stay together, despite squabbles, speaks volumes about the WTS and its treatment of its adherents. It's almost like we're all old war buddies.

One good thing about being a JW, for those who have left, was the brother/sisterhood we found there. It was very conditional though. And the governing body wishes we would not speak to each other, but we all still have that bond. The thing is now, we've become siblings and that bond grows stronger once we leave, much to the old governing geezers' chagrin.

• dinah
    dinah

Hee hee

Flyin' you ever heard that saying that involves feeding them fishheads?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hee hee

Flyin' you ever heard that saying that involves feeding them fishheads?

Noo, I haven't. Do tell.

• flipper
    flipper

ZERODAY- Yes the board is surreal some of the time ; but it is full of real people going through real problems, and others having overcome real problems . It is a great support system for many ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit