Lawyers at Bethel

by nbernat 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nbernat
    nbernat

I heard that Bethel pays for brothers' undergrad and law school expenses if they serve as lawyers, is that true? Also, just to see the hypocrisy, would they accept someone who went to Harvard Law even if they weren't a regular pioneer?

• Priest73
    Priest73

I went to Harvard. I think it was on a Thursday.

• oompa
    oompa

I had lunch with a JW lawer today.....he loved my new gift to mankind....seriously........oompa

even referred me to a smaller law firm to save me some coin.....thanks u no hoo

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

According to a law Prof of mine, Dubz tapped for duty at Bethel generally get free tuition at Harvard Law. According to him it is because the institution "has a sense of humor" as he put it dryly (retired Navy JAG, Captain, and Anapolis Professor) Most do not make it out of first year.

• nbernat
    nbernat

I'm not sure I'm getting the jokes.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am (was) a good friend of Vin Toole whilst I was in Bethel. He was a CO that was taken into the Aust Branch and then paid for by Bethel to do a Law Degree. He now is a registered lawyer for Bethel.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I seriously, seriously doubt that Bethel will pay for six or more years of college for some Bethelite to get a law degree or engineering degree or medical degree.

They might help someone finish off a degree who has experience and education in that field and they need that kind of expertise. In fact, I know that has been done.

But's it's not like they grab some newbie Bethelite and say, "Hey Bro, would you like us to pay for your college and your degrees?"

Get real.

S4

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

And Bethelites get to go to Harvard Law School for free???!!! Yeah. If you can prove that, I'll get reinstated and apply to Bethel! Christ, Harvard isn't even in the same state as Bethel!

Me thinks there are some serious ex-jdub urban myths, about as believeable as the JW ones!

S4

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I knew a cat that went to MTS and was assigned to bethel. He was taking pre-law classes. they wanted him on the legal staff as a paralegal and go from there. dont know what ever became of him???

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I gotta agree with Seeker on that. If they go to Harvard for free it would be on the JW dime and not on Harvards. Harvard does not a have a sense of humor unless it is backed by substantial cash. Also along with what Seeker said it would make no sense just to let random people do this. You would have to show an aptitude for it before they would even suggest you go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit