I took my df son and his two df friends to dinner tonite..in my hometown...

by oompa 10 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Oh what fun!...I was so hoping some brudda an sistas would be there...or maybe even an elda....but no such luck. Maybe it is all the threads of hurt here recently...usually parents bitchin at or shunning kids....even grown kids and grandkids, but they just make me want to help as many abused kicked to the curb dubs as possible. I love you guys...............oompa

we all deserved better...doncha think?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

What a good dad you are!

Glad you had fun.

momz

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

What a rush. I have done that and well to tell you the truth, I saw the group of JW's at the local bakery and I acted non disfellowshipped. Make them shun me if they wanted. But I said hello and kept the conversation up. Not knowing what to do I guess...they talked back. IT was funny to see the hold and fear just lose its grip. It is a lot harder for them to be blatant if they are confronted with friendliness. They are kind of stuck in a situation as to they are on the spot for being rude.

Not that they all have a problem with that. But me, I am not owning it. They can shun all they want, but it is not coming from my side.

• buckster
    buckster

Right on oompa. I love hanging out with my uncle who has been df'd since I was about 8. Its even more fun to tell my Mom about the good times we share. She just loooves it...

Making up for time lost.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    we all deserved better...doncha think?

Yes, Oompa, we all deserved better.

• undercover
    undercover

Not only did it make you feel good for being with your son, but it gives you a sense of empowerment...no longer is someone going to tell you who you can or can't associate with.

A relative of mine was recently DFd. I've continued on as if nothing happened and we continue to hang out as we did before. Actually I see him more because all his so-called JW friends have kicked him to the curb. I've been golfing with him, hung out in bars, had meals in restaurants and he comes over to the house every so often to watch a movie/game/race.

I've also re-connected with a couple of other people who have been DFd for some time. I've managed to drop the shunning and become friends with them again.

• Mr. Ted
    Mr. Ted

Good for you, Oompa. Parents and children need to stay close -- no matter what..

Ted

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good for you Oompa!

Quirky

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Hey Oompa......Glad you spent some time with your son...Next time invite me, will ya???

• changeling
    changeling

Good for you!

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit