Letting the JWs Hold You Back

by FreudianSlip 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Certainly, you can only work with what you have got, and try and do the best with that.

The best time for learning, though, is when you are straight out of high school.

I know this from first hand experience:
    - going into a trade apprenticeship eight years after leaving school.
    (In those years, the JWs in this part of the world were so fanatical that they were even jumping on
    young people for entering an apprenticeship).
    - having to turn down the opportunity of doing the diploma course after that, because of family
    commitments.
    - this year, battling my way through the course to obtain an electrical contractor's licence
    (just one more exam to go, on the 22nd of this month).

People can say what they like, it is hard trying to squeeze in academic studies of an evening, after having just worked a 12 hour shift!

Jack.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

FreudianSlip,

You make a good point. I agree that we can't blame JW for ALL the problems in our lives. I think I have done fairly well since leaving many years ago. I also was born into JW. It's been very recently that it has become obvious to me that I have not healed emotionally from some of the things that happened way back then. But I have found this forum and I intend to face it headon and heal.

It sounds like you have done very, very well. Keep on going, girl! I'm glad you're on this forum.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Thanks scarred. I just want people to know that leaving is ultimately a GOOD thing. I have been through a lot of suffering myself. My family has nothing to do with me now, nor do any of my friends who I grew up with. I moved away to heal and although I'm coping I still have a HUGE, glaring scar as a result of this. Instead of picking at it and focusing on it though, I just cover it with some make-up and go about my day like it's not there.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sometimes you can`t get away from the bastards..LOL!!..I have a lot of JW family......Your away at work and their at your house..Trying to re-activate your wife and convert your kids.....And.....When you get home,you`ve got a hornets nest to deal with.......What a pain in the Ass!!......Now the kids are grown..My Pro JW wife lives with her boyfriend..Who my mom just loved,he took her magazines..LOL!!..........And......I`m free to do what ever the Hell I want!!..Woohoo 2..............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• feenx
    feenx

I COMPLETELY agree. Life is about choice, whether in the borg or out. As a silentlamb, the son of a mother with multiple personalities and a JW dynasty, on both sides of the family, having come before me I can assure you the only thing stopping anyone is themselves. The law of attraction is a reality...that which you put into the universe you receive back. If one is constantly saying woe is me, then that's exactly how their life will be. It is a sad, sad occasion when someone who has faded or left the dubs still defines themselves with that box.

feenx
    Indigo Insight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit