EDDIE: What birds?

BRIAN: Any birds.

EDDIE: Why?

BRIAN: Well, have they got jobs?

ARTHUR: Who?

BRIAN: The birds.

EDDIE: Have the birds got jobs?!

FRANK: What's the matter with him?

ARTHUR: He says the birds are scrounging.

BRIAN: Oh, uhh, no, the point is the birds. They do all right. Don't they?

FRANK: Well, good luck to 'em.

EDDIE: Yeah. They're very pretty.

BRIAN: Okay, and you're much more important than they are, right? So, what are you worrying about? There you are. See?

EDDIE: I'm worrying about what you have got against birds.

BRIAN: I haven't got anything against the birds. Consider the lilies.

ARTHUR: He's having a go at the flowers now.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

My local flock o' crows can tell, from 200 yards, if I have stepped on my porch with a scoped rifle or without.

Smart birds... if you do get a shot off and miss you wont get another shot that day.

Hill

• james_woods
    james_woods

Tobias Dantzig - (1884 to 1956): Historical Mathematician: Number, the Language of Science - 1930.

A squire was determined to shoot a crow which had made its nest in the watch-tower* of his estate. Repeatedly he tried to surprise the bird, but in vain: at the approach of the man the crow would leave it's nest.

From a distant tree it would watchfully wait until the man had left the tower and then return to the nest.

One day the squire hit upon a ruse: two men entered the tower, one remained within, the other came out and went on.

But, the bird was not deceived - it kept away until the man within came out. The experiment was repeated on succeeding with two, three, then four men - yet without success.

Finally, five men were sent: as before all entered the tower, and one remained while the other four came out and went away. Here the crow lost count. Unable to distinguish between four and five it promptly returned to its nest.

_______

* my special emphasis LOL.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

james_woods,

Here the crow lost count. Unable to distinguish between four and five [men] it promptly returned to its nest.

I wonder if crows are smarter now.

I wonder if any crows are reading this.

gently feral

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Clever Birds, thanks

Blueblades

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

So I guess it took FIVE men to "outsmart" ONE crow.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Oh, and this "just shows how close to the end we are !" After all, Jehoobie had to allow time to demonstrate that even intelligent crows would not be able to create a government that could solve all of our problems.Still, I think I'd rather live under crow rulership...

• parakeet
    parakeet

hillbilly wrote: "Smart birds... if you do get a shot off and miss you wont get another shot that day."

• wednesday
    wednesday

I always enjoy it when someone posts a TED video. on the same page as the crows is a video about love and sexual attraction. It was very interesting, Worth listening too. I was entertained and informed.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/helen_fisher_tells_us_why_we_love_cheat.html

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Quite an amazing video, who could figure......

How do you like this picture out my front window......they must be smart they stopped in for lunch....

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit