Newbies - How are you Benefiting from the Supportive Discussion on JWD ?

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I just found this forum yesterday. I have been out of JW for 36 years but my mother just recently died and my sister and I have had many discussions about our upbringing for the first time ever. It has become obvious to me that I have never really recovered from being a JW. It is great to find a group of people that have been there. It's too early for me to say how much it has helped me but I believe it already has a litlle bit.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

When I started here I received a bro but now we have progressed to manssieres.

• kzjw
    kzjw

As a UBM trying to save his marriage, I too have benetited from sharing here...I'd have filed for divorce if not for being able to lurk and find that my wife is one of the misled. While I haven't been able to open her eyes in the last few months, I've certainly learned that with patience and understanding I can now discuss things with her that were before closed subjects. Also the diverse experiences I found among JWDers has been valuable in learning what she is going through, compared to how the borg has really ransacked other lives. I'll still work slowly to help her see that being a JW is possible without the borg -- from there, who knows?

• poppers
    poppers

Marking for future reference - I want to tune into the radio show somebody mentioned.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Very Supportive!

Momz boobz, er' girls....

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hey Flip,

Pretty well. I have moments where I feel like I am back in a kingdom hall from time to time. The last time this happened I took a month off. Overall I find most of the topics in here to be very interesting.

• flipper
    flipper

QUESTIONING EVERYTHING- Glad you are here . I'm happy for you that you can openly talk with your husband about having been a witness . I agree I had some good things too about being raised a witness. I had good parents- but the mind control caused me to not know how to think freely.

SCARRED for LIFE- I'm sorry about the loss of your mother . I'm happy that you and your sister are talking more now about things , hope you continue coming here to get more help and information. Nice to have you here.

BURN the SHIPS- You have a " manssiere? " Interesting.

KZJW- That is so good you are trying to learn more to see how to help your JW wife eventually get out of mind control. It sounds like you are doing all the right things - good work, keep it up !

POPPERS- I too want to check that radio show out as well that has interesting experiences.

QUIRKY- Yes there are some supportive ladies on this board, for sure !

TIRED of the HYPOCRISY- Yeah, I hear you. Some times there can be altercations and people getting their feathers ruffled , that being said, all in all, it is mostly a positive vibe put out on the board

• Mincan
    Mincan
    When I started here I received a bro but now we have progressed to manssieres.

According to urban dictionary they are the same thing.

• flipper
    flipper

MINCAN- I'm glad I go braless

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Instead of watching reruns on T.V. we can watch certain things play out on the board !

What's wrong with reruns? I like reruns.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit