Confronting distortions with truth: my battle with JW apologist websites

by coffee_black 28 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Coffee [and Scott for bttting this fine article].

My dad, a humble and devoted servant of the True God, was also a man of integrity.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

What a moving experience. Your parents sound like amazing people. It's so sad--one of my biggest frustrations is how JWs conflate God with the organization, as if they were one and the same. And they are not even aware that they are doing it. Thank you so much for sharing the truth.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thank you for sharing your story. It reminds me of my grand parents and great grand parents.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

**sigh**

I read this with a lump in my throat CB, sorry you had to lose your dad before his time. Stolen, precious moments you can never have back, but his legacy lives on in you and your family. What an inspiration he was and I'm sure the whole experience has made you a stronger person. Thank you for sharing.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Well, here is a catch word. Quoting selective worldly literature is designed to support and reinforce the WTBS's distorted point of view. The aim is to control people's mind and maintain its grip on their thinking abilities and freedom, the cult way. Iam happy Hurbert is taking a second look. Any question, just bring it up in this thread. There are so many people on this site with extensive knowledge about the history of the WTBS and the harm it done on them. I confess I was also brainshed before.Its only much recently that I started examinginig the practices of this secretive cult mainly from my own personal experiences,some of them very terible and heartbreaking as well as interactions with many JW's including physical visit to the Bethel facilities in New York State.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks for bumping this...

I am truely grateful that I'm out and my kids and grandkids are out too. My grandson would not have the opportunity he is having now to make a difference, had we remained in the organization. After his story appeared in the newspaper, my x sister in law (his great aunt who is still a jw) went to his house to make a donation to his cause. That gives me hope.

Coffee

• carla
    carla

marking to read later, almost time for fs to be done around here.

Best of luck with dealing with the jw apologists! May we use your article in it's entire form including your copyright if the need arises? on another board if the topic comes up?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Absolutely, use it... I just didn't want anything taken out of context...but used in it's entirety.

Coffee

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Coffee read about your dad years ago on AJWRB.......must have been difficult but your story helped me leave the Witness mindset so thank you so much for helping me to mentally exit! Some good has come from a bad situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit