Nervous break down because of being a JW?

by easyreader1970 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Bella15
    Bella15

Oh Lord, Lord .... the stories I know

@Scarred for life .... amazing how stories are repeated everywhere in the world, the ones I know ended up in the streets, jails, and I am talking about girls, some boys turned gay, well perhaps they just accepted their sexuality but not before creating terrible chaos in their lives ...

• d
    d

I finally began to make my exit mentally at 16.

• ekruks
    ekruks

JW stress caused me to try to kill myself many times.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I attempted suicide many times as a JW. When I was finding out the truth about them I lost nights of sleep which led to a breakdown my husband had me hospitalized for.

• N.drew
    N.drew

(((((((descreetslave)))))))) Here's a big hug for you and some flowers love!

bunch

• Violia
    Violia

I join the very large group of xjws who are among the walking wounded.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've had some terrible moments myself. Mostly because I forced myself to deal with other people and things in a very unorthodox manner, and just to put up with crap. It went very against my grain and when things fell apsrt I knew who to blame. Yet I would do it again. Took some time to begin relating to day to day issues like I did before I was a JW. Then I could face reality again. The worst one was the realization I could have helped my Father live longer had I thought along the lines of who I really am, rather than the JW way

• arwen
    arwen

I am also of the "walking wounded" but I am starting to run sometimes now and I keep my head up. Wounds are healing Six years now and I keep moving forward. Just keep going and we will make it.. This board has helped me so much.. and I am very thinkful I found it six years ago...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit