Any athiest tried a Ouji Board?

by Marilyn 68 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

Rem:
    So I am an "experienced user" who is taking advantage of a newbie. I was working the board with my husband. I suppose he was the newbie and I was trying to fool him. No, it is not a hoax. The Lwood story is true. I am not the type to do hoaxes. I have no patience for people who do. Since you were not there, you have no way of knowing that so you should not be calling me a liar with no proof. I am new to this forum and am still figuring out what everyone is like. I guess I know what you are about.

Target

• Moridin
    Moridin

I'm an atheist, but have yet to use the ouji board. I, on the other hand, have had much experience with spirits and supernatural phenomena. I really want to try the ouji board, but my wife gets freaked when I talk about it.

• rem
    rem

Target,

You are free to take my post however you like. I don't believe I ever called you a liar. If you took it that way, then that's your problem. In my explanation YOU were the inexperienced user being duped by more experienced ones (or at least someone who was feeling a bit mischevious). I'm not sure how you missed that. I was merely using your experience to show that trickery is possible. Of course I can't say for sure because your description of the event wasn't really clear (where was this Elwood character all this time - was he in the room? was he touching the board?).

Anyway, whether or not it's true in your case (which I highly suspect it was - Lwood? Come on, you have to be kidding me!) I suspect that trickery is involved in most cases. Remember, it's a board game. People like to have fun with one another. There's always a prankster in a crowd. Some people are just too credulous.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • target
    target

REM:
    Yes, Lwood was in the room. He was a kid who had never seen a board before. No, he was not touching it. My husband was not experienced at it either. There were no other people there. I had only used it a few times myself and was not real sure what to expect. There is no way there was any trickery involved.
    Accusing someone of a hoax is calling that person a liar because that is what a hoax is. As I said before, you were not there. You have no business making such judgements.

Moridin:
    I have been doing a great deal of research into 'Energy Therapy" and from what I have learned I am starting to think that it is our own energy that makes the ouji board work and that is why we have to be touching it. It isn't spirits. That is why it works for some and not for others. People who have psychic experiences like Deja Vu are more successful with the board. Just a developing theory on my part. Not a hoax.

Target

• Moridin
    Moridin

Target : My experiences are more with channeling, auras, remote viewing, and astral projection. I've not yet touched a ouji board basically because I really haven't found the need to. I just think it would be interesting to see the results.

• teejay
    teejay

Moridin?

You're too, too funny!

You've had "much experience with spirits and supernatural phenomena" (including channeling, auras, remote viewing, and astral projection) and your wife "gets freaked" when you wanna play a board game.

Funny. Got me shaking my head here.

tj

• Moridin
    Moridin

Teejay,

I said the same thing. But she insists she's heard too many wild stories about things that can go wrong using a ouji board. She still freaks out sometimes when I'll stop and be staring at something she can't see or listening to something she can't hear.

• teejay
    teejay

Moridin,

She still freaks out sometimes when I'll stop and be staring at something she can't see or listening to something she can't hear.

Yeah! I know!! People are funny that way. Go figure.

• COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit