The Bible Dinosaur

by Devilsnok 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Ah memory lane.

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks so much for that scan... LOL! Oh, the memories... would of never made drawings in my book, Dad would of killed me.,

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Oh wow I have got to have one of those dino T-shirts!!!

Matt (Materialistic class)

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Under the "funky beliefs" category mentioned by Fadeout, I would like to add one. I remember the guy with whom I studied the little blue truth book saying how the bible story of Jonah and the whale was literally true. According to this man [who had, as I remember, a "white-collar" job in a bank and a college degree], the story of Jonah being swallowed by a whale, and remaining in its belly for three days, was literally true. Furthermore, this guy claimed, there existed proof - in the form of "scientific records" - of other people experiencing the same thing, or something similar.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Re the story of Jonah,

We were all taught that that was true and we all knew of these stories of sailors being swallowed by whales, a quick search on the internet will turn up these stories but then you can also find "true" storys of smurf dolls coming to life and running out of kingdom halls...

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

My brother drew it riding a skateboard……..

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Where can we get those T-shirts???

• oompa
    oompa

Does this have anything to do with why Alexandria, Egypt is called Alexandria today even though we have no way to know if Alex the Great was really called that?..........oompa

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTW - on the whale thing. Yes, the JWs believed that Jonah was actually swallowed for three days and then vomited back up onto the beach.

Except for this little refinement - it was not a whale. The fundy side of the JW writing department insisted that it must have been a "great fish".

They would go to great length pointing out certain species of true fish (like the whale shark) that could perhaps swallaw a man. None of these, according to my little handbook "fishes of the world" appeared to swallow men whole, vomit them back up, or even live the the mediterranean sea.

When questioned on that, the standard answer was "just believe it - Jehovah could have provided a special fish for this one occasion."

I kid you not.

• Nathan Natas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit