Do you ever feel like you just need a change?

by Princess Daisy Boo 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

All is good in my life... everything is just ticking over.

My family is healthy and happy. My kids are great, and me and Mr Daisy Boo is fine. We are well settled in our home and we aint going anywhere because we cant afford to move.

Financially, we are ok... I mean prices keep going up and up, but we are still manageing to make ends meet, for now.

Work is fine. Not exciting or anything, but keeps me out of mischief while my kids are at school and pays me a salary at the end of each month. Last year was chaotic, what with a business that failed and what I thought would be my dream job turned into a two month long nightmare.

My parents and I have called a "truce", for want of a better word. They dont mention JW stuff and I let them see their grandchildren. I don't dwell on the frustration and anger at being an ex dub... I just dont feel like it is worth expending all that negative energy on. I now only come onto the JWD site out of habit and the catch up on the scandal. I am done with being bitter and twisted.

I suppose I should feel grateful for the period of peace and quiet in my life but... I just feel like I need a change, an adventure... do you ever feel like that?

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Clearly not...

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am sure everyone feel that, everyday is different, new situations comes up from time to time.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Very often. When I'm bored to death with everyday life I like to go out to travel. The further, the better. Let no sentiments of home detain us (J. Knecht).

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good morning! Just got up and went to the YMCA. It's 8:14am EST right now. Gotta wait for the States to wake up:) I'm not on the computer at 4:23am.

I'm always on the lookout for new and exciting things to do and tweak the same ol' stuff to make it new again.

I'm no longer obsessing how stupid and selfish my mom is. I got over it for the most part.

I've still got a little bitterness in me from my stupid JW decades of waste. Need to get over it and move on.

As soon as the grandparents pass on, I'm coming out of the apostacloset. I hate it in here.

• Casper
    Casper

I suppose I should feel grateful for the period of peace and quiet in my life but... I just feel like I need a change, an adventure... do you ever feel like that?

I feel the same every once in awhile....

Sometimes when everything is calm, and as it should be, it's like....what now. I think I have a problem being content.

Maybe it's because we were taught for so long to NEVER be content, and to always be on "Red Alert" for some big catastrophe.... that when things are calm we get bored...

When I get in that mode, Hubby and I will usually start some house project, or take off and go exploring...

Cas

• oompa
    oompa

Yep that sounds very familiar...too familiar....that is how my first wife felt just before she ran off with a guy she had just met after 14 years of marriage and two kids............oompa

• jstalin
    jstalin

I know how you feel. Occasionally I feel like packing up, selling everything, and moving to Italy to be an English-language tour guide.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have heard that that's a woman thing. Could be a rumor.. Then again, maybe you need your prince to cause some kind of drama crap in your life, to get you out of this. Wanna send me his name and address? I might have some suggestions for him;)

S

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

After a period of turmoil and stress, my husband and I have also called a truce. I have a fun job, kids are healthy and happy, and we have a beautiful home. Yet I feel the same as you.

I have been the good one for so long. I am the one that holds the family and house together. I am the one at home alone at 5 or 6 am way too often.

I want to be the naughty one. So Friday night I started. Went to my first strip club. Dirty danced with cute young men, to a hot band. And generally flirted and drank and laughed until 5 am! After much begging, I showed the girls to the bartender and the band. But I refused to dance on the bar.

Did all this with my husband, who loved it. And the kids were at grandma's for the night. Can't totally lose the good girl. Just hide her for the night.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit