Dating a JW and need some help

by Whizkid 32 Replies latest social relationships

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

If she gives you the " I want us to be friends,you're like a brother to me, and making JEHOVAH HAPPY ( not you ) is very important to me..." line, I'd bail. Been there,done that, and it's been an enormous source of frustration over the years.

I'd continue to try to persuade her. Try not to be too pushy though. Just point out your view of things. If anything,she's been taught to resist all other literature,belifes,etc. They're wrong and bad. Just be subtle about it, and I think you'll make some leeway. If she's developed pretty good friendships with sisters....surely she has mentioned you to them, and they're probably trying to tell her to either convert you or leave you alone depending on how she may have described your relationship to them.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Don't step one foot in the Hall! Compare JW's to a cult,look up your info. As a young woman once heres my perspective.It all comes down to this:

If she has a career and can support herself on her own,she's yours or will strongly consider leaving.If she really has nothing she may lean on her family because she will be scared to go out on her own. may sound stupid but its my stupid! LOL!

• Whizkid
    Whizkid

I'm back again..We've been hanging out more and more, and she says the only that's really stopping her is that she's going to lose all her friends and her mother and sister won't be able to talk to her anymore since she was baptized as a JW. Is there anything I can tell her to try and convince her? I've tried telling her that there's always going to be more to people to meet, but the problem is with her sister and mother which she lives with.

Any help? thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit