Has anyone tried Japanese Wasabi...try if you dare...

by zeroday 38 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

I had some with a shrimp cocktail and let me tell you about blew my head off... this is not me but a youtube example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zznQLbcx3_M&feature=related

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

After our Chef Teacher showed us how to make sushi..He introduced us to Wassabi..We "had" to have Wassabi with the sushi we had just made..He and the sou chef watched with anticipation as we all took a bite..You never saw so many future chefs running for sinks,garbage cans,windows and outside doors to spit that crap out..It was horrible!!..LOL!!.....Our Chef teachers had a good laugh.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Can't see the video since youtube is blocked at work, but I've had dried peas with wasabi on, they weren't bad.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

great way to cleanse your sinuses

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was raised on horseraddish, and have always loved hot foods. The first time I tried wasabi I heaped about a tablespoon of it on some sushi and popped it into my mouth. People were watching for my reaction, but I didn't give one - other than to immediately shove a chicken ball in my mouth loaded with sweet & sour sauce. I love wasabi, but I'm a little more sparing in its use now.

W

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I love wasabi. The trick is to use it very sparingly. A little really does go a long way.

Definitely clears the sinuses.

-Aude.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I love Wasabi with shushi. As Aude said........use it sparingly. It does the same to my sinus cavity as the hot mustard sauce in a Chinese restaurant. HappyDad

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I lay it on thick everytime and pay the consequences. Love it

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I love wasabi !! Always keep it around the house to eat with baked fish.

Wasabi mashed potatoes are good too.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I have a tube of it in the fridge right now, along with a jar of Wasabi Mayo. Love that stuff. And yes, sparingly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit