The Convention Is OVER!

by B_Deserter 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Thankfully I was able to milk my cold this week enough to skip Friday. Saturday I sat with friends of mine and was able to sufficiently tune out everything I heard. There was one guy giving a talk that looked just like David Koechner, one of my friends wrote a note to me that she could just picture him with a cowboy hat yelling "WHAMMY!" So, at a point in his talk, I went *cough*Whammy*cough*, generating some decent laughs all around.

Today, I was doing okay and then this guy from the "Watchtower Education Center" came on stage. I don't know about you, but to me, "Watchtower Education Center" sounds as scary to me as "Ministry of Love" sounded to Winston Smith in the book 1984. He was VERY loud, forceful, and charismatic, and not in a good way. For some reason, I couldn't just ignore him and it was incredibly...scary. Content-wise it was pretty much the same old stuff: the world is passing away, the end is nigh, etc. etc. His manner of speaking and the way he carried himself made me utterly despise him.

There were some books released, one is a new Young People Ask, and one called Keep Yourselves in God's Love. The latter is actually a rulebook for JWs, covering a variety of topics from head-coverings to blood fractions. It's legalism at it's finest, a modern iteration of pharisee rule. However, there may be some good news for victims of child molestation in the org. On page 223, the first footnote reads (emphasis mine):

In rare instances, one Christian might commit a serious crime against another--such as rape, assault, murder, or major theft. In such cases, it would not be unchristian to report the matter to the authorities, even though doing so might result in a court case or criminal trial.

So they seem to be changing things. Of course, what they tell the bodies of elders and the congregations are two completely different things on many occasions, so only time will tell if this helps the situation.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Why does it have to be in a footnote?

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    "In rare instances, one Christian might commit a serious crime against another--such as rape, assault, murder, or major theft. In such cases, it would not be unchristian to report the matter to the authorities, even though doing so might result in a court case or criminal trial."
    So they seem to be changing things. Of course, what they tell the bodies of elders and the congregations are two completely different things on many occasions, so only time will tell if this helps the situation.
    Your comment is spot on.What they say and what they DO are two completely different things.Similar statements have been made by them in the past.They very well might verbally discourage such actions but when the WT goes to court they slyly say: "We're innocent ! It's right there in our book for the whole world to see ! We clearly don't discourage such things as some might accuse.Obviously the friends didn't follow our direction ! " They won't voluntarily change anything unless it serves their purpose. They're lying, cheating, cold deadbeating, two-timing, double dealing mean mistreating, scum.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

That Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work Part 2 is another piece of crap. The answers are always doing more of what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants. More time spent out in field circus. More boasting session attendance. Reaching out for Beth Hell. Men (only men) can become hounders and assistant hounders. Read the Washtowels and Asleeps more. Associate only with other witlesses, and then only those whose thinking hasn't deviated from what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants.

Of course, much of the book is about sex. They waste time telling people not to do it. If they are to get married, it has to be another witless. And there is a maze of rules to obey in the courtship process, including not marrying "too soon" (whatever that means) after the person is baptized. It is all designed to prevent people from successfully courting or for those trapped in loveless marriages (and especially when they are abusive) from leaving.

In all, it is another worthless piece of sxxx.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    In rare instances, one Christian might commit a serious crime against another--such as rape

Yes of course now they say this after the million dollar law suits, what about the decades of shut up and don't bring reproach to god's ( a..Him man's Kingdom ) policy

that got pedophiles off Scott free.

Personally I don't really think that they are going to change all that much for the simple reason if it's easer for them to not get involved with the police

and just go back to the old way of instilling the two witness rule, no police involvement and it keeps the congregation looking clean and pretty .

• dogon
    dogon

Deserter, I left Michigan becasue of the family of dubbers that lived there, and the weather and the sinking economy. Where do they have the ass. now? I used to go to the silver dome, Very hot, and now no food, and bring your own and got yelled at for having a cooler, cant win with these assholes.

Every year they would have several old people who died or had to be medivac out becasue of heat stroke. I worked with a guy named Kunde who would tell me that "thay[the old people who collapsed] did not have to come to the assembly" then a few years later Karl [his dad] died at the assembly. I thought it kind of poetic justice for the uncaring statment he made about other people.

My wifes family is named woods, and mine is babcock, A bunch of room temp IQs LOL

• Regretful_J
    Regretful_J

The convention in my area meets at the Dow center in Saginaw. They don't meet at the pontiac silverdome anymore. This year like the years before it was unbearably boring. But yeah thankfully its over now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    this guy from the "Watchtower Education Center" came on stage

Remember the name?

• disfellowman
    disfellowman

it is old hat that you can tell the authorities about a crime even though it goes to criminal court. An old school elder from WAAAY back in the day showed me references of this. anyone have a copy of the new book i can get?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I know some Babcocks that go to Vanderbuilt, MI congregation. I PMed you, dogon. DId you get it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit