From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained

by ESTEE 12 Replies latest jw friends

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Yes I remember the picture of the earthquake. It really freaked me out as a kid. The earth opening up and every one falling into the abyss. I always wondered what did the dog do so wrong to get destroyed?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Oh my God! Oh my God! All of you people are bringing back such memories! Yes, the EarthQuake! AAAAAARGH! I mean I was probably 2 or 3 years old. And I was so afraid and did not want this to happen to me or my family. I just found this forum. I have needed this for SOOO LONG.

To the opening poster. I hope you found the book if you need it for some reason but I just have to tell you that my mother just died on May 14 and when we cleaned out her very full attic we found boxes and boxes of old JW books. I'm sure Paradise Lost/Paradise regained was in there. Probably at least 2 copies maybe more. But we called for Special Trash Pickup and they are gone to the landfill, baby. But if I had known that anybody wanted them I would have GIVEN them to you. I might even have payed for the postage or delivered them to you myself, high gas prices or not. It was such a great feeling to see those books being hauled away.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This was the study book we took to a tropical paradise in 1961 to convince the locals that they didn't live in paradise yet.

"By clever and persevering use of propaganda even heaven can be represented as hell to the people, and conversely the most wretched life as paradise." —ADOLF HITLER, MEIN KAMPF.

I copied and pasted that quote from the WTs official website.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20000622/article_02.htm

The image of the little girl, the dog and the bicycle falling down the hole, along with the image of people screaming in terror on the adjacent page were the stuff I was brought up with.

Bastards.

Cheers
    chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit