From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained

by ESTEE 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I'm looking to buy one of these publications. When I clicked on Amazon.com, the sellers did not want to sell to anyone in Canada. EBay wants to sell one for $14.95 plus shipping, and I won't spend that much. I'm sure they weren't that much new, never mind used. I am happy to pay a reasonable amount, plus shipping.

PM if anyone would kindly help me out?

Cheers,

ESTEE

• John Doe
    John Doe

If you're not wanting to spend much, go to your local library. If they don't have it, they will do an interlibrary loan. At least that's how it works here. The last one I did charged a $1.00 to get the book.

• asilentone
    asilentone

(never mind)

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

You can download a PDF copy of the book at this webpage:

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/paradise/paradise.html

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ah, I didn't realize it was a Watchtower book. I don't know if you can get those through public libraries or not. And here I was thinking it must be some book about Milton. ;-)

• zeroday
    zeroday
    EBay wants to sell one for $14.95 plus shipping, and I won't spend that much

Unfortunately the older publications can be very rare to find...you can keep checking back on ebay and hope to find one cheaper or down load it on PDF...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

You can try calling used bookstores in your area. I ran across one last year at a bookshop in Dayton, Ohio last year while visiting, but I did not buy it. It was only a couple of dollars too. I wish I would have known back then...

Everytime I see or hear the mention of that book, I think about the drawing of the baby on that false god thingies arms. Some of those pics. really freaked me out as a child! That book probably caused every kid who saw it to have incredulous nightmares! I know I did...

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Yes, this book freaked me out as a child, too . . . it sure kept me in line.

I am writing about it and definitely need it for references.

Thanks everyone for caring and writing to me.

Thanks, cabasilas for the pdf link.

A few hours on the forum and I have the book! What a great resource JWD is! Thanks Simon!

Hugs to all,

ESTEE

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Does this bring back memories or what!..One of my first Childrens books..Mom wanted to make sure I had a nice big book,with lots of pictures of death and destruction..Running Away In Circles....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• whitman
    whitman

Oh yeah - I'd blocked that out - the picture of the little children being led by their parents and then placed in the firey lap of a statue of Baal. That's the stuff of nightmares!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit