my story while listening to "the great gig in the sky" by Pink Floyd

by paranoid android 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Welcome paranoid android.

All the best with your transition. Keep posting as you feel you want to.

So do you like Radiohead?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I told you so. Welcome. Look for my pm to you.

• paranoid android
    paranoid android

thank you all for a warm welcome! I really appreciate it. It has been an emotional last couple of years for me and now Im finding some purpose in my misery.

to answer some questions,

yes, I am a big radiohead fan!

and, Im going to school full time at night working full time during the day to be an aviation mechanic and hopefully one day a private pilot.

I remember the day I told myself " you dont have to go to those meetings ever again!" It was literally a moment and a turning point, one of many.

Im doing very well in school. Im soaking up information partly because its all so new to me and Im not used to putting a priority on things that seemed useless when I was brainwashed. It felt good to tell myself that its okay to go to school full time, to better myself and do something good for, thats right, my future grandkids! witnesses dont think about the future that way. I certainly never did. I only used to think that the end was near, a few years away perhaps. now Im living in today, and making choices that will affect the future. I care about this planet and want to help save it. I care about the leadership in this country. I care about people in other countries not as lucky as we are, thats right THE GOD OF GOOD LUCK. And it feels good to say "bless you" when someone sneezes.

good day!

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Your story almost brings tears to my eyes and I'm so sorry for all you've been through, but nonetheless...a big 'ol WELCOME to you.

Believe it or not your story helps so many lurkers, new ones and probably even the old schoolers because it helps many feel that they aren't alone and everywhere there are those who are going through this, and everyday there is someone who has the courage (and time) to post his/her experience.

I wrote my letter of reinstatement which was rejected.

Everytime I read statements like these, I'm absolutely dumbfounded. Disfellowshipping is such a horrible practice, yet many WT publications make it sound as if its just a matter of unrepentant ones not wanting to 'turn around'. The fact that this incredible power over peoples lives is treated so haphazardly even dysfunctionally is a gross sin and I pray this will come to light in this man-made organization.

• beksbks
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

welcome blinking kitty

"read your bible." I couldn't even process that information, I was reading the bible! Or so I thought. I mean how could you possibly read just the bible without a guide right? Thats all the watchtower was, just a guide. It took me years to realize that I viewed the watchtower as more than just a bible aid. It might as well had been the bible itself because of how much faith I put in its words.

Those words were never so truer spoken, probably many have had those same deep ingrained feelings at one time. Certainly you have been through a time and a half, I hope you will find much help and encouragement here amongst friends. Good luck with school...and welcome to jwd.

Hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit