The Friends Ain't So Friendly

by StAnn 53 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    his pioneer stepmom told him that he was never to step foot in her house or speak to her again. She said that she had an obligation to him until he was 18 and now that was over.

Yes, that is the despicable cult mind-control programming. Shun him so hard
    that he should come to his senses. Thank goodness that only stretched to
    a step mom's loyalty issues and not to his father.

To be fair, I know of a couple that got divorced. He had a young son before they
    married and the two of them had two more kids. His young son knew his step mom
    as his mother because his mother left when he was young, he never knew her up
    to that point. Step Mom did not have custody of him in the divorce because he wasn't her
    child, so she did not have any more dealings with him. She didn't disown him, but
    didn't ever invite him to gatherings with his half-siblings either. He only saw them
    when Dad had them. This has nothing to do with JW's.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I never shunned anyone that was disf.'ed.... I always smiled at them, handed them pictures of my children that I got taken, intentionally sat in front of them with my baby to make them smile at the hall, and would make them even be my waiter or waitress so I could have an excuse to spread them cheer. I NEVER agreed with the shunning arrangement, I thought it was the most cruel thing a christian could do. Now, I am dissassociated and greatly appreciate those who are kind enough to do the same to me, although it IS rare, very rare.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I emailed a priest I know and asked him, If God created everything, where did evil come from? Here is his reply:

"Evil is called a deprivation of good, a lack of good.
    Sort of like a black hole in space. God created
    everything good. So if you take the good out of
    creation what are you left with? Everything that the
    devil does is contrary to the good."

I think the WTS sucks all of the good out of people.

StAnn

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

The WTS sucks the life and the good and the humanity out of you. You're left an empty, emotionless shell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit