Why a woman can't read the Bible Lecture?

by outofthebox 18 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I wonder just how many elders think that women should be able to do a lot more in the cong.

• blondie
    blondie

In one congregation the elders wanted to use sisters to do microphones. The CO came down hard on them. I know of several sisters who do the accounts; their husbands only sign the forms and read the report from the stage. Couldn't find any competent men. Think of it, Barbara Anderson did research for many of the articles in the WT publications.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think Out of the box meant standing at the podium and reading from the Bible while facing the audience.

Does that mean that sisters on the stage doing a mini drama are not teaching the congregation, and their information should not be considered on the same level as the brother who is at the podium facing the audience?

I always thought that anything coming from the platform was considered as coming from Jehovah.

My head is busting from all of these logical falicies, whatever the names for them are.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Blondie,

So sisters are used but not given the credit, sort of like who wrote Shakespeare anyway?

Ah, OK, ghost writing. My grandmother used to ghost type and write for my grampa, who had the p**** mic so was able to talk through it to the congregation.

• New light for you
    New light for you

I wish i had a p****.

then i could rule the watchtower.

Dammit.

I NEVER understood why we could have talks and give demos if that wasn't teaching, then why were we doing it? I know we talked about that many many times, all us sisters. Either follow what you believe and dont have sisters do anything, or just let us do what we do best at... talk!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

New Light,

We are good talkers, aren't we?

So much talent wasted.

Oh boo-hoo boo-hoo, there aren't enough elders and brothers to take the lead in the congregations, oh boo-hoo-hoo...It's such a shame that we will have to resort to using females to do our oh most holy work.

We are treated as last resort material and nothing more.

I really think they hate us. They are taught to hate us.

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl
    I always thought that anything coming from the platform was considered as coming from Jehovah.

Funny how Jehovah always seems to be whining about how the pages in new Bibles stick together.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

White Dove,

I just want to point out that p***s and p***y have the same number of letters. So your post could be used for both sides of the argument ;-)

GentlyFeral

• inkling
    inkling
    I mean, it doesn't even make sense for the JW crazy rules, since she is not teaching anything, just reading the Bible!!!

Maybe it's nto the witnesses crazy rules you should be taking issue with:

As in all the congregations of the holy ones, 34 let the women keep silent in the congregations, for it is not permitted for them to speak, but let them be in subjection, even as the Law says. 35 If, then, they want to learn something, let them question their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in a congregation. 1 Corinthians 14:33-35

So the real question is why are women allowed give sit-down talks or comment at the WT study? The Bible seems pretty clear. [inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit