Why a woman can't read the Bible Lecture?

by outofthebox 18 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I mean, it doesn't even make sense for the JW crazy rules, since she is not teaching anything, just reading the Bible!!!

• New light for you
    New light for you

NO it doesn't make sense. but what in the witnesses does?

it's easier to do this...

Name something in the witnesses faith that DOES make sense.....

OK >>>> GO!!!!

• SweetSweetApostasy
    SweetSweetApostasy

Chyah! How could you possibly... Without a penis? Impossibe!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Why a woman can't read the Bible Lecture?
    Well, you do have to be literate to read. . .

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

because that's too much like leading, especially by an inferior being. It doesn't observe proper submission to headship.

• Mutz
    Mutz

Because the bible was written by a bunch of misogynistic male desert nomads who were very very scared of vaginas?
    Jehovah had a wife once, Asherah, they did their best to remove all traces of her from their 'holy' books.

• tank
    tank

Women already know how to read and don't need to practice.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Imagine this:

Everytime someone wants to do something in the KH, it has to be done by a p****.

Holding a flashlight to direct traffic? Pull out the ol' p****.

It will light up as soon as it is pulled out for that reason. It will light the way.

Did I mention they are removable?

Passing the mics: a p**** on a pole.

It has to belong to the one passing the p**** mic.

Handing out literature: To open the boxes, one must whip out his p**** box cutter to get at the mags.

Giving talks: Pull it out and position it in the mic holder.

Remember, if you don't have a Swiss Army P****, you do not get to do these things.

Notice: Swiss Army P****'s don't come in toilet brush design, nor do they hang wall paper at quick builds, spatula for cooking, nor do they come in doily designs for women to use.

It is impossible to reach out for privileges without a p****.

Remember, use the right tool for the job, and if you don't have the right tool, don't do the job.

So sayeth the Lord (Paul).

• White Dove
    White Dove

Two reasons for real this time:

She is not to address the congregation for ANYTHING nor ANY REASON.

She does not need the extra training that reading to the congregation gives because she will not be giving any talks whatsoever. Males need all of this extra training to become good speakers.

She will only be addressing another female on stage for 5 minutes every 2-3 months.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually women can study with a non-jw male (usually a couple).

They can read Bible scriptures in their comments at the meeting.

They can read Bible scriptures at the book study if there are no qualified men present.

Women read Bible scriptures in their talks at the ministry school.

I know one older jw sister who can't see why this isn't teaching the congregation.

I know many a jw wife who writes up the outline for their husband's public talk and listens and critiques him.

I sat through 5 Sundays of the most terrible public talks. The talk coordinator said "My wife could give a better talk. Too bad I can't schedule her."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit