What great churches there are out there in babylon the great! I cant wait!

by New light for you 16 Replies latest jw friends

• New light for you
    New light for you

GOODNESS have I been missing out!!!

I just signed up my daughter for day camp at a local church... they have daycamp, they have a music school, they have preschool, they have girlscouts, boyscouts, moms night out, family night, orchestra at the services.... THE LIST GOES ON!!!

WHY WHY WHY do witnesses fight any social interaction at the church!!! DUDE!! i wanna go to this church it rocks!!! I swear, if they had ANYTHING for kids or families, i could see alot of people that just have some doubts staying in for a while... there's a hint for you elders and governing body that read our board!!!!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I go to the 1st Agnostic Church of Heathens. It's at the intersection of Wide Rd and Leads to Destruction St.

Its easy to spot since Armageddon is right around the corner.

• Robert7
    Robert7

WOW A@G, I go there too! Maybe I'll bump into you some time when we're NOT in church....

• New light for you
    New light for you

wow robert. you're so funny. try making your OWN jokes.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Me, too!

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

Hey New Light!!

How cool that you found a good fit for your little girl!!! I understand that there are many "youth groups and camps" out there for children and teens. Good for you!!! Being raised a JW we were taught that all children were to be with the parents and listen and stay quiet during the meetings. This made us "No part of this world". Keep us informed on how your daughter likes it!!! Oh--I am going to respond to your other topic thread on your mother. I am getting my thoughts together.

Meow

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The only social inter-action that gets approved is the selling or reading of their published literature

personal intellectual growth and experience is frowned on.

Learn how to go door to door and become a publisher for the WTS is the main stream teaching is all about

The WTS isn't a religion in a lot of respects its more in vain of a book publishing company and operates in a very similar way as a Corporation of Publishers.

• amicus
    amicus

If there was a church by me that had real live Gospel music, I'd be there. Damn, I'd not just be there I'd be singing along waving my hands harmonizing best as I could.

Nothing like that where I live though. The best thing about religion here in the US is the positive effect it's had on our music.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Maybe you need to find a church that offers couple counseling for you & Robert!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• yknot
    yknot

Well I haven't settled on one (won't for at awhile...deprogramming still) but VBS rocks! My kids have been doing them for 3 weeks and are having a blast.....even got some Momoneers to let their kiddos go while out in FS !!!!

Since your checking out churches........check out the women's ministries......lots of social & spiritual upbuilding activities !!

Church hop until you find a vibe you like !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit