Parking at the DC today

by Iwonder17 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Ok, I know that I have posted about this before, but I can't resist. I went to the DC today cuz I didn't want to hear it from the wife.... I drop them off at the front and then there were 25 people that "helped" me park my car. OMG !!!!

I have been driving for 20 years, but it takes 25 16 year olds all standing 10 feet from each other pointing to the next 16 year old to help me park. What a joke.

So here is the problem:

Say there are 6,000 people that attend the DC

it takes 1/3 to volunteer for all of the jobs ( actual figure )

1/3 don't really want to be there

the last 1/3 actually do want to be there.

So you have a DC, and you MAKE 6,000 people attend so that the 2,000 that actually want to be there can sit in their chair ( AND NOT VONUNTEER TO HELP ) and listen to the same old crap

Doesn't add up to me

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

A lot of youth today know religion is bullshit thats the interesting point

• blondie
    blondie

Parking is like doing the microphones at the KH; it's an opportunity for the "brothers" to see what your spiritual qualities are. It is the first step up to greater "privileges."

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Volunteering is also a good way to get out of listening to the program so you can legitimately goof off with your mates.

• Casper
    Casper

We always got to the DCs around 3:00 a.m. NO ONE was there to help us park.

Imagine our confusion.....

There was always a bunch afterward tho, telling us which lane we "couldn't" go down to get out of the parking lot quicker...

Cas

• changeling
    changeling

The parking dudes also get a power trip from the headsets and walkie talkies. JW's have to get their thrills somewhere, you know...

changeling :)

• yknot
    yknot

Hey if at 16 I got to get outside and was not required to be sitting, behaving perfectly & taking notes (checked by parental units after DC to prove I was paying attention) of that drivel I would have thought it a blessing from Jehovah himself !!!

BTW the boys that I knew who did have that 'privilege'......were all sipping rum and coke under pop-up tents during the convention....just waiting for a straggler to show up...(knowing them probably playboy pics pasted to the inside of their litertrash....lol)

Sucks to be a second class citizen

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    The parking dudes also get a power trip from the headsets and walkie talkies

And don't forget the idiots that have an orange cone on their flashlight after the memorial!

• tank
    tank

I've been asked to be a parking attendant. It just seemed so stupid after a few minutes I quit.

• oompa
    oompa

Why cant oompa have orange tipped flashlight dammit!?!?!....and a staw cowboy hat!

OH and BTW....the last memorial I went to two years ago......the hall had 67 pubs.....and parking for like 200 cars....did that stop the parking dudes from making everyone park at the far end of the lot?? NOOOO!!!!.....so we had this stupid 1/2 empty parking lot next to the hall........so stupid!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit