Bluegrass fading

by hobbitLore 19 Replies latest jw friends

• hobbitLore
    hobbitLore

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.

Looking at my post, I realized it sounds like my Dad left our family - nothing could be further from the truth. My Dad has always supported our family and was the one who encouraged me to go to college. I still have some of the Witness terms floating around - calling mom a single mother when I mean she was going to meetings without her husband. Me thinks it will take a while to get rid of things like that! Mom and Dad have stood by me and my wife with our decision and really helped make our escape possible!

hobbitLore

• snowbird
    snowbird

Your story is similar to many others' on this board.

So good to have you here.

Sylvia

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Please stay with us and invite your wife, also.

So glad you got your education, and I'm sure you'll encourage your children to do the same.

Please have patience with the family...they know nothing else....

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome from Australia! There are simular stories around the other side of the world, if that's any comfort.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

hobbitLore:

Welcome! You will find support here. As you both are doing now, I'm in the process of fading with my wife right now. Stepped down as an Elder some time ago.

TTRP

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to JWD hobbitlore!

Thank you for sharing your story. I bet some here are jealous since your relationship grew closer since most do not.

Enjoy!

• yknot
    yknot

alt to our little club !!!

I am glad you have joined (hope your wife will soon too!)

When you know the truth about the "troof" you wanna drag everyone out that you love. It takes time; the main thing right now is that yall stay active and healthy. To keep the peace after my exit I agreed to receive WT pubs, this gives my family & friends a chance to keep communications ongoing........an me the chance to validate their secret doubts and issues.

• donny
    donny

Yes, Welcome to JWD. Your story makes very good sense. My story was very similar in that you start comparing what you are taught against what the evidence is and you begin to see a lot of dicrepancies. I also had a hard time with the "vegetarian lions and tigers" teaching as well. You can plainly see that many animals are designed for eating meat. But my biggest issue was how could Jesus in his right mind choose the Watchtower Society as the "faithful and discret" slave in 1919 based on what they were teaching. They were teaching some of the most bizarre and ludicrous beliefs and yet they want us to believe that Jesus could not find anything better.

• oompa
    oompa

Nice post...really...not a ramble for me anyway.......WELCOME and GOOD LUCK!...now say it a lot and cuss..........oompa

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Your post makes perfect sense... my experience is not dissimilar....

Lance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit