Society to start laminating paper backed publications

by Lady Zombie 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• M.J.
    M.J.

Wow, must be kind of like one of those trumpet blasts in Revelation :|

So when are they going to start spiral binding so everyone doesn't have to go to Kinkos?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

They will probably go back to Hardcover soon. Flip Flop. Flip flop....///

• blondie
    blondie

JP Productions

Pocket Books Spiral Bound

This is a spiral binding of the Pocket Books. It allows the book
    to lay open flat. It has 2 extra pages in the front and 2 in the back. On the
    inside back cover there is a clear pouch. 3x5 [this is the size of an index card]
    You can keep the study schedule in here if you want. The front and back cover
    are laminated. The book also comes with an appropriate bookmark that matches the
    theme of the book.
    If you would like your initials on the front inside cover, add .75.
    If these are ordered by themselves, they will be sent out in about 1 week.

We can do any of the Pocket Books in this manner. Please specify by title. We do not
    have all of the item codes worked out at this time. All will have the same features as the Daniel Book.
    The bookmark, of course, will fit the theme of the book.

PBDSB Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy 10.00
    PBCSB Is There A Creator Who Cares About You? 10.00
    PBISB Isaiah's Prophecy - Light For All Mankind [Volume 1] 10.00
    PBISB Isaiah's Prophecy - Light For All Mankind [Volume 2] 10.00

Please take note of the first paragraph under Ordering. This applies to these pocket books also.

http://www.jpproductions.com/html/daniel.html

(and how will this guy support himself?)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What about the new half sized Caladars so now you need a "worldly calander" since you cant fit your Witnessing notes on it.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I can see this scenario happening.

Each congregation will purchase a PC and high quality printer. The society will make available .pdf files of study editions of the Watchtower and other 'Witness only' publications. Then the congregation prints out the publications on plain white paper and each witness will be given one copy. Anymore copies, each individual JW will be responsible for.

They will still publish books, Awake, brochures, and other publications used in the ministry. Still in full color, laminated, and "attractive" since these are what will be used for preaching but those will be strictly controled. Let's say a JW orders 6 of The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived books. They'll have to account where each of them went. Any un-placed publications will have to be returned to the congregation and will be placed back in the communal publications pot.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Who at Bethel is the "trouble shooter" coming up with money saving ideas?

• blondie
    blondie
    CAL2008
    2008 Theocratic Wall Calendar
    Reduced to Clear as the year is half over LARGER PRINT Keep track of ministry, C.O. visits, convention and assembly days, and much more. PLUS games for the kids and lots more features…. Decorated with 2008 yeartext "Stand firm and see the salvation of Jehovah" Exodus 14:13
    US$3.99US$3.99
    Product CostUS$3.99

http://ministryideaz.com/shopaddtocart.asp

Someone is making money on the WT lack of foresight.

• bite me
    bite me

my God.. that smile and nod drives me nuts! its all in uniform too. think of jerry springer episiode when the applause sign is lit up and the whole audience applauses. The wts does this too. they announce something and hold up a sign. control....

• chickpea
    chickpea

re: blondie's post about JP productions

it is incredibly telling that
    some JWs will pay $10.00 + s/hto modify a publication for which
    they likely "donated" no more than $2.00....

• james_woods
    james_woods

What I don't get is how laminating something that used to be just plain paperback is going to save 2,000,000 dollars a year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit