does anyone else love alanis...?

by wonderwoman77 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

NAEB!!!!Put your hands in the air. Step AWAY from the lyrics generator!!!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am in the wrong generation.......I really can't stand her. And I stand behind what I said, about her on TV. Maybe they had good backup, and sound on the one you heard, but on the Today show, she was embarrassing. Maybe she was high, but she couldn't carry a tune, and was just awful.

Not all great songwriters are great singers.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• Kristen
    Kristen

There are a few songs on Jagged Little Pill that carry a lot of meaning to me. "Ironic" was the song that played non-stop when my brother died. Those were some very difficult years for me and I gotta say Alannis helped me through. :)

And I was a major fan of the earlier years of YCDTOTV. Loved the Moose/Lisa dynamic! Don't say water!

Kristen

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

DDDIIIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!!!! haha ohh man scary eh

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Kristen
    Kristen

LOL! Gotta luv those Barth burgers!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, in honor of the 6/6/6 birthday page I pulled up 666 in the search and found this thread. I have to say ...way later now...That I am of the mindset of Sirona. I LOVE her MUSIC. My daughter does too. Strange she nails it all on the head sometimes. Did you notice her next CD was so much more as if she were at peace with herself and accepting of others. She reminds me of an ex-jw! I like it A LOT!! I usually just scream out when I sing the "I would be good" song.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Did you all notice that NONE of the experiences related in the song Isn't it Ironic are actually ironic. They are all just bummers, no irony involved.

Which in a way, for a song called Ironic, is quite ironic.

I really loved the music video of Alanis walking the streets naked, in the subway train, on the seat!! Eww!!!

And they put a fuzzy spot over her hairy bits. Anyone remember that, from the second album I think? They needed quite a LARGE fuzzy spot as I recall, I am thinking "next time, think waxjob before shooting a naked video, Alanis!!".

Pope

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

LMAO at Pope. So you want her to have more of a landing strip than a tortilla strip? lol

• crazies
    crazies

I love her voice!! Brings me back to good old times when life was simple about 10 years ago. Has she put anything out lately?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit