does anyone else love alanis...?

by wonderwoman77 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I was just wondering if anyone else here loves Alanis and her music. I really identify with many of her lyrics, especially on her supposed former infatuation junkie cd and her unplugged cd. I am very excited, her new album will be out in feb. I really love her song These R the Thoughts. There are a few lines I am sure some of you can identify with from it...
    "Why do you say you are spriritual yet you treat people like shit"
    and
    "How can you say you are close to god and yet talk behind my back as if I am not a part of you"

Anyway. Just sharing my love for my fav artist :)

Steph

• Andee
    Andee

I'm an Alanis fan. Not a big one, but I listen to her "Jagged Little Pill" cd on occasion.

Sometimes, I OD on the "men are jerks" thing, but it's a great CD to clean the house to.

Andee

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

She has an incredible voice, and I really do like some of her songs. She has a bit of an Annie Lenox flavor HUGE Annie lenox fan!!!

I'm of course a fan of her from the good ol' "You can't do that on Television days" hahahahhaha ohh come on you know what i'm talking about!!

BTW my uncle went to high school with her, said he never dreamed she'd become famous haha well there's still hope for me yet!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Seeker
    Seeker

I like her lyrics, and style. Jagged Little Pill was an eye-opener for me, and one that deepened my understanding of certain situations women go through.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Yeah I remember the you can't do it on TV days! i loved that show. It was great. Yeah I heard her interviewed, she wrote her first song when she was 10 and she had her first cd in canada when she was like 16. It sounded like a debbie gibson style because she did not write her own music for that cd. I have a copy of it, it is hilarous. :)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sorry, everyone, but I can't stand her. I grab the remote if she is even in a commercial. Everything about her irritates my senses.

And I think her voice is very "canned" sounding. If you've ever heard her live, like on the Today show, she just isn't any good.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• JanH
    JanH

Alanis is one of the best new artists who has come to the limelight the last ten years, IMO. She has a great voice, great music and her lyrics are sheer brilliance. It obviously took all this to break thru the fog of pop bimbos, untalented boybands and mindless coversongs the record industry uses to cash in on killing pop music. I look forward to her future work with anticipation.

PS: Isn't it ironic that none of the annoying things she lists in "ironic" is, indeed, ironic?

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• TR
    TR

I love Alanis. Wore out the "Jagged Little Pill" cd when it came out.

Hey Venice, I LOVE Annie Lennox!

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I have to disagree with you mulan...I heard her live 4 times now, and she is very good. Maybe it is the tv. But most people either love her or hate her. My best friend does not like her. Most people just listen to her jagged little pill, but you all should really try her supposed former infatuation junkie and unplugged cds too. They are better in my opinion. Much more variety and soul in the songs.

• perfectpie
    perfectpie

She is one of the very few artist who is truly artist. My favorite song of hers is off the unplugged, "breakfast over cappacino".
    "Your like a 90's Jesus"
    I love her website, look forward to the new C.D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit