Convention attendee harassed by attendants

by song19 48 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Do you also think women invite rape?

Well, only if she acts in a way to intentionally bring about the attack. Otherwise your analogy is ridiculous, because that is clearly what this guy did.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Else, I have always respected your opinion but here I must respectfully disagree.

Do you also think women invite rape? No they do not, but if they walk through the most crime ridden area of town after midnight alone, then they should have good sense enough to know they are putting themselves in harms way. This guy was a witness and should know that walking around at the convention dressed like that, (which is fine with me and not against any deceny) is inviting attention. The first attendent was proof of that. He felt compelled to see what was up. For anyone in the cameraman's position this should have been a given.

What the camera man did was no different than a black man walking into a "Whites Only" diner and asking for a cup of coffee in 1950. I cannot agree. The cameraman did not go there to test the limits of the watchtower. He states himself that he wasn't there to disrupt. He wasn't there to attract undue attention. We know different. He wanted to attract attention. He got it. He wanted to video tape that attention, he went to great lengths to leave the camera rolling during the confrontations. The black man in your example was seeking what was his, the human right to be treated equal. The cameraman gave that right up when he joined the "exclusive" cult. It is not an open society. The venue is "open" in name only. You remember how they harped that the venue was "Jehovah's House" for the convention and dress appropriately. The cameraman knew this and was simply pushing the limits. He could have respected that and worn longer pants and shoes, not necessarily a suit or slacks. He was making a statement. It was a statement that brought out the goons and he was able to videotape them. He forfieted his equal rights when he proclaimed himself one of JW's. If he doesn't want to be one, why go to the event accept to expose the mindset. If that was his goal, he showed it. I just think his lack of self control destroyed his credibility.

The real issue was the cousin who wanted to exercise control over the cameraman. He was the one who initiated the major problem. He was shown to be a twit. Unfrotunately cameraman gave up the highground when he became a chanting child and fulfilling the security's prophecy that he was there to cause a scene. Passive aggressive? Yep and it worked. I'm sure the cameraman was not interested in the right to have the program or to videotape it so he could watch it at home again and again.

Thanks for your ireply. WIth respect, W.Once

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Did no one notice that he got one of the attendants admitting how helpful he had been both during the full day session he attended AND after the session?

He was NOT there to cause trouble.

• JK666
    JK666

IMO,

If his cousin was not there, he probably would have had no problems. He might have stood out like a sore thumb, but none of the attendants would have harassed him like his cousin. His cousin sure got a lot more publicity then he sought, since he appparently has skeletons in his closet.

JK

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I eyewitnessed Tim getting hustled out by the attendants.

It was Sunday, and he was dressed in the clothes that the described (khaki shorts, flip-flops). They were hustling him up the stairs with his big cooler in his hands. He leaned over and said to the people in front of me, "They're throwing me out because..." and I couldn't make out the rest. Then they told him to "keep moving" and then he was past me.

I did end up verifying that it was him being hustled out of there. Not causing trouble as much as I could tell...however I was not there when he blew up at them. In fact, I think I know the kid with the huge stunna shades in the background of that last vid.

I think Joe knew what he was doing in baiting this guy into blowing up at them, so they could have a pretext for throwing him out. No one's a saint in this tale--especially with that profanity-laden outburst at the end.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Tim was a witness and he knew exactly what he was doing.

An appropriate end to the video would have been Tim having a stroke or heart attack in the middle of his tirade.

Warlock

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they are serpents in sheeps clothing

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think there were two factors at play in this video:

1) The JWs were shown to be smug, self-righteous hypocrites, which we already knew.

2) This guy needs to grow up and get over whatever issues he's been carrying around for over 16 years.

Was he there to cause trouble? Perhaps not. Did he have a legal right to be there? Sure he did, and no one is saying otherwise. But was his decision to be there dressed as he was, walking around with a video camera, going out of his way to be noticed by all, motivated by anything other than an obsessive desire to annoy them? In my opinion, no. What other reason did he have to be there at all? Nothing better to do on a Saturday?

• oompa
    oompa

I do wonder what the ramification will be on the stupid cousin.....WITH the skeletons JK referred to....he looked very guilty on that tape to me at that point.....I felt him say....ohhh $hit!...haha.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit