Excommunication/Disfellowshipping is pagan practice--by request!

by Atlantis 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Excommunication/Disfellowshipping is pagan practice!--by request! Request from researcher: Hi Atlantis or N. or whoever! One of my friends on the board said that she downloaded the 1947 Awake pdf that "bereanbiblestudent and Invetigator 74" posted, and in the first issue on page 26, it said that excommunication or disfellowshipping was a pagan practice. My computer is so slow I couldn't download the file. Can you help me out ? ********************************************* My comments: Thank you for your request! Since the information you are needing came from a post from someone else, then we will give them the credit and scan the page you want, and then we will bow-out-gracefully! We don't want to pirate their post. OK! Perhaps, Bereanbiblestudent or Invetigator 74, will pop in and add their comments when we post the scan for you. Page 26 you say? No, its page 27. Here you go, below the definition. *********************************************

Excommunication (redirected from Disfellowshiped)

EXCOMMUNICATION, eccl. law. An ecclesiastical sentence, pronounced by a spiritual judge against a Christian man, by which he is excluded from the body of the church, and disabled to bring any action, or sue any person in the common law courts. Bac. Ab. h.t.; Co. Litt. 133-4. In early times it was the most frequent and most severe method of executing ecclesiastical censure, although proper to be used, said Justinian, (Nov. 123,) only upon grave occasions. The effect of it was to remove the excommunicated "person not only from the sacred rites but from the society of men. In a certain sense it interdicted the use of fire and water, like the punishment spoken of by Caesar, (lib, 6 de Bell. Gall.). as inflicted by the Druids. Innocent IV. called it the nerve of ecclesiastical discipline. On repentance, the excommunicated person was absolved and received again to communion. These are said to be the powers of binding and loosing the keys of the kingdom of heaven. This kind of punishment seems to have been adopted from the Roman usage of interdicting the use of fire and water. Fr. Duaren, De Sacris Eccles. Ministeriis, lib. 1, cap. 3. See Ridley's View of the Civil. and Ecclesiastical Law, 245, 246, 249. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Disfellowshiped The Watchtower's attempt to condemn the Catholic Church, no doubt! Awake-1947-January-8-p.27-Are You Also Excommunicated?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Pagan, hmmmm.

Thanks for the post!

• mavie
    mavie

Wow! Nice Atlantis! Thank you!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Holy crap that's a great piece from the Awake. Physician heal thyself.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I have now officially seen it all. Wow, just wow.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks Atlantis, that is an amazing quote. I am shocked by it being in 1947, as it was only 5 years later in 1952 that Knorr devoted a magazine to explaining in detail the increased harshness of the disfellowshipping arrangement.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Quirky1:

Mavie:

JimmyPage:

Doubting Bro:

Jwfacts:

Thanks goes to (bereanbiblestudent and Invetigator 74)

N.

• New light for you
    New light for you

WTF!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

Thats all i can say.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

New light for you:

Thanks goes to (bereanbiblestudent and Invetigator 74)

N.

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks, Atlantis!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Nothing more blackhearted than the WTBTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit