Are you a HOPE-er or a DO-er?

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    Outlaw:
    Post 8412 of 8412
    since 11-Oct-01

I just realized..If you exchanged the D and the H in the Thread title..You would have a much different thread!......"Are you a Dope-er or a Ho-er?".....It would be a thread about "Drug Addict`s and Prostitutes!"..

Outlaw, you are one talented thinker!

• Terry
    Terry
    1. I can complain about it
    3.I can HOPE.
    What is hope if not a passive sort of complaint?

Now that is a very profound sort of insight. It is like turning your underwear inside out and wearing the clean side today and leaving the yesterday side facing out.

Can you relate, I.P.?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    So then, you're saying you can water an unplanted garded and get more than dirt and weeds?

Not at all!

I remove the weeds of hopelessness!

I plant seeds of hope faith and love!

I water and feed them!

My crops have been pretty good so far!

BTS

• lalliv01
    lalliv01
    Crossing the T's and dotting the I's and doing your homework are first in the mix.

Something like: "whatever a man soweth, that shall he reap." (Gal.6:7) I truly believe that.

Some supernatural being is not going to do for us what we can do for ourselves. The angel told Peter,"Gird yourself, bind on thy sandels..........cast thy garment about thee, and follow me." (Acts 12:8).

Surely that angel could have simply snapped his fingers and miraculously, Peter would have been clothed and ready to go but no, the angel was not going to do for Peter that which Peter

could do for himself. So yes, you gotta do what you gotta do, there is no way out of that.

• dark angle
    dark angle
    three basic choices.

1. I can complain about it

2. I can take steps to bring about the conditions I desire by intelligent planning, careful choices and selective strategy

3.I can HOPE.

could we have those three choices at once, or in sequence? i think we could, in tackling some of our problems that we can change. First off we must feel the problem or realize it (and complain), then we could do something, and hope that our efforts could remedy it. hope could make us move consistently, not to despair, in our efforts in finding a solution to a certain problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit