Accurate Knowledge and the "Faithful Slave"

by Honesty 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

Page 24 paragraph 14 in the APRIL 1, 2006 Watchtower magazine says the following:

God’s organization plays a vital role in our spiritual growth. It provides a wealth of Bible publications that help us to grow in accurate knowledge, to act wisely when we are faced with problems, and to cultivate a close relationship with God. Like a mother who makes sure that her child is well-fed and cared for,“the faithful and discreet slave” provides an abundance of timely spiritual food for our spiritual advancement. — Matthew 24:45-47; 1 Thessalonians 2:7, 8.

Exactly how and from what source does the "faithful and discreet slave” receive an abundance of timely spiritual food for the Jehovah's Witnesses spiritual advancement?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Exactly how and from what source does the "faithful and discreet slave” receive an abundance of timely spiritual food for the Jehovah's Witnesses spiritual advancement?

I will venture a guess. They read the timely spiritual food in their Watchtower mags
    and they advance it by "placing" those mags.

Yeah, what a crock. Maybe they receive it from the Governing Body in the form
    of "new light" at just the right moment to cover a series of lawsuits or to reduce
    expenses at Bethel. They advance the work by keeping other JW's staring at
    thier aura so they don't notice the man behind the curtain.

• logic
    logic

First they got it from the holy spirit then from angels then back to the holy spirit then it came from some kind of weird osmosis.. They were inspired then not inspired, they are prophets but not real prophets. They also get alot of their information from actual bible scholars and from alot of speculation on their own part, then they take all this and mix it up a great big black pot and then call it the truth. In other words the so called jw ain't got a clue where they get it from.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Yeah, they are a little all over the place when it comes to explaining how exactly they get their revelations of new light. At times, they'll say that they're just a bunch of guys really deeply researching the Bible and other written works and do their best, while praying, to figure it out (like anyone else could equally do themselves). Other times, they'll say they're God's only channel. As God's only channel, it must mean they are "channeling" something directly, otherwise you're not a channel. So they are inspired. But, of course not in the same way as the biblical writers were. They are spirit directed. There's a difference. And the difference is.... anyone's guess.

Fact is, they're a bunch of guys reading, discussing, guessing and voting on which of those guesses millions of people should believe.

• Rivington
    Rivington

The "Faithful and Discreet Slave" teaching is, of course a big con. As I understand it, the FDS is supposed to be the remnant of anointed members of the 144,000 still remaining on earth - and the Wise Old Men of Brooklyn act on their behalf. The trouble with this, of course, is that none of the supposedly anointed have any more say in what is taught than do any of the "great crowd." And I guess that if any of them tried to assert their right to dispense spiritual food at the proper time they would suffer the same fate as any other JW trying to put forward their own ideas. They'd be duffed. Far from acting on behalf of the FDS, the Wise Old Men of Brooklyn are a self-perpetuating oligarchy. Rivington

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

It's interesting to consider the Biblical accounts where individuals who had brought forth miraculous provisions arrogantly attempted to make others feel beholden to them; instead of giving such glory to God.

One account that I have in mind is the time in the wilderness where Moses struck the crag, and out came fresh water for the Israellites to drink. Later, when rebuking the people for their lack of gratitude, Moses took credit for the provision in an attempt to garner favor and submission from the people for "his" miracle. The account says that Moses acted presumptuoulsy and was later punished by Jehovah for his arrogant act.

An entire book could be filled with Watchtower statements that attempt to subjugate the minds of JWs to that of the "Faithful Slave Class", whereby the men who occupy such a position make the rest of the organization feel indebted or beholden to them. Their writings through the pages of Watchtower publications are held out as essential for salvation, and must not be questioned. For those who might be inclinded to question such teachings, the organization asks them point blank: "Who was it that gave you such accurate knowledge in the first place?" The men who write such articles also accuse members of "having a fault-finding attitude" and "thinking they know better than the Slave", if they dare disagree with anything that is put into print.

With all of this organizational posturing that goes on in the Kingdom Halls and assembly halls, I cannot help but think about that account where Moses asked the Israellites: "Was it not I that struck this crag and provided water for you to drink?"

• lawrence
    lawrence

Would a "faithful and discreet slave" join the U.N. as a NGO?

Never!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This "knowledge" is accurate, but not according to anything else than what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants people to believe and do. It amounts to taking a simple concept that most small children have correct, and adding so many myths and distortions to it that it takes forever to understand. And usually, most people cannot understand the complicated version without help from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

And then they come in and further confuse people by altering it periodically. That ensures that people will be taken advantage of. It also wastes everyone's time and energy.

• VM44
    VM44

"spiritudal food" evidently being teachings pulled out of the air by the Governing Boday that can't be proven one way or another.

• not_yours
    not_yours

Because they are older, and they study more! lol

So said my parents when I voiced my disagreement with "mother org."

Ahh.... good times.

Yours

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit