People who make the truth EXCITING!

by slimboyfat 79 Replies latest jw friends

• knock knock
    knock knock

Remember "Little Big Man"?

You go on down there, General.

• feenx
    feenx

There's plenty of people who are genuine and really nice. But it still comes down to the plain simple fact...there's only so much you can polish a turd.

feenx
    Indigo Insight

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I understand where Slim is coming from and I would tend to agree with him.

Those memories are obviously nice and cosy when life was simpler, as you said Slim - but you also know that there can be no real going back. You know the truth of this religion, and as nice as that couple is, they are just as blind as they were before.

I do see what you mean though.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

MY EYES!!!!! MY EYES ARE HURTING!!!

It seems to me Slim that you are not comfortable with being a Fader... even in the topic you state "people you make THE TRUTH exciting'... a lot of mixed feelings inside?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This sounds like a broad version of Stockholm Syndrome to me.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Say Hi to Greg Stafford for me ;)

• minimus
    minimus

Slim has been called a JW apologist for a reason. Too bad. I thought he was smarter than that (lately).

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    But I am a bit torn. Half of me can't help but be affected by their infectious enthusiasm for the truth

Next week focus on how many buzz words you pick up in the conversation...that should help.

And if you haven't read Steve Hassans book I suggest you do, I am over half way thru. I will no longer see the Wt in the same light

again as I once did.....I think my what ifs have vanished.

hope4others

• AnneB
    AnneB

I think you're in mourning. There's a stage of mourning where the only things that are remembered are good; the happy moments, the love, the caring, all the things that you mentioned concerning that JW couple.

The reality is that even if such memories are based in fact, they're just that, memories. The reality is something much more harsh. Your desire for peace and calm must be balanced against all the disturbing elements in the WT world which you know well.

Ever watch a sci-fi or fantasy show where a person has a chance to go back in time or into another dimension where they can be with someone or something that they once loved? Some go for it, some don't. The ones who try to re-live their past can only succeed if they remain focused on just that one feature of their life and times, nothing else can exist for them. Do you have an ability like that; to block out literally everything else except the slender thread of beautiful memory connecting you to these people and to the org? Do you have the ability to sustain yourself indefinitely in what amounts to an artificial existence? Are you willing to let go of anything else to which you may have formed an attachment in order to live in an imaginary world?

Mourn, but don't lose yourself in mourning. Let the pleasant memories have a place in your heart but live in the present, stay rooted in reality.

A.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

WHO AM I TO TELL YOU HOW TO FEEL.

No one.

..so ENJOY.....

(But remember after you have these close friends over for dinner and have nice conversation(your not always going to talk about JW stuff) and enjoy your dinner with them and have the feeling of closeness and a sense of belonging to the club,,,remember never to say the wrong thing or else you may start feeling fear.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit